Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

I set up my HDD today from my A1200T with SFS & Large partitions since I was only using the first 4GB of a 40gb drive.

Firstly I noriced how much more responsive the Amiga is now with SFS, its much, much quicker :)

However DH0 and DH2 mount on boot but DH1 does not :Doh:

I'm using IDEFix97 and a 4way buffered IDE although I was planning to replace this with a FastATA tomorrow.

Everything is as it was installed prior to setting up, as I backed it all up in UAE so after I prepared the disk I just copied all the data back.

I've checked and DH1 is set to 'auto mount' in the partitioning options.

I've setup 1gb for DH0, 17gb for DH1 and 18gb for DH2.

I've copied accross 4gb of WHDLoad games to DH2 and all is fine and about 1gb of data to DH1, if I go into to DOPUS and choose DH1 then the drive mounts and is useable.

If I try the command 'Mount DH1:' from the shell it tells me that its not in the mountlist :help:

Any ideas?

Cheers, Steve.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@steve

If you are not using Classic Workbench 3.9, then we may need to take this to the next level and look at updating the scsi.device and patching setpatch

btw is DH1: seen in the early startup window?

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
check that you haven't typod a value that has left AmigaDOS initially going ERRrr no, at least until you access me via DirOpus :LOL:

change the filesystem back to FFS etc quick format... does it work properly? change it to SFS again and? Perhaps make the partition 1 cylinder smaller from either direction... say between DH0 and DH1...

what happens now?

Soo many things there were to try in those days! heh, kind of miss it...

good luck ;) (y)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
@steve

If you are not using Classic Workbench 3.9, then we may need to take this to the next level and look at updating the scsi.device and patching setpatch

btw is DH1: seen in the early startup window?

Hi There!

Yep DH1 was showing up in the early startup and was mouting in UAE so as suggested I've patched the scsi.device and its all working fine now :D

Still using my butchered version of CWB P96, but I really love it!

Thanks mate =)

And thanks Slayer for the suggetions however didn't need to try them in the end.

Case closed (y)

Top Bottom