Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

For some reason the boot keys do not work on my Blizzard PPC setup, i.e if I hold ESC or S, etc its not picked up during the boot sequence.

What I'd like to do when I'm running my OS3.1 (Classic Workbench P96) setup is disable the SCSI on boot so I don't get all the duplicate icons in OS3.9

Its ok when I run OS4 becuase the SCSI is not active under OS4 so that setup looks nice.

Is there another way, I'm guessing my keyboard adapter is the problem here?

By the way I've tried to disable the drive/s in the startup menu but this seems to cause problems in my OS3.1 setup - should it?

Just a quick run down of what I'm doing:

I have a CF-IDE backplane on buffered 4wayIDE for acces to my CF cards, I have two CF cards setup one with OS4 and one with CWB P96 that I can switch over. On the Blizzard PPC SCSI I have OS3.9 on SCSI-IDE connected to a nice 40gb IDE HDD.

My DVDRW is also connected to the 4wayIDE and is used in OS3.9 also via IDEFix97 sofware.

Thanks peeps!

Steve.

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
If it's anything like my keyboard adapter, I have to quickly press a key to get the keyboard to register then hold down either ESC or S

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
If it's anything like my keyboard adapter, I have to quickly press a key to get the keyboard to register then hold down either ESC or S

Good call - I'll try that, I think you might be right there!

Thanks for the tip - I'll report back... (y)

Top Bottom