Status
Not open for further replies.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Well, this went down just about as well as a Negro @ a Klu Klux Klan Party!

Link-er-ama 5th Post by a Moderator! :shock:

Grab a coffee, some tucker & kick back a while & read..... Then submit your Vote!

Happy New Year all. :LOL:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Re: Dischord on A.org

hiya Kin m8,
i think his comment was an off the cuff comment and i also believe in free speech. he is entitled to his opinion (right or wrong) and i also think the usual A.org blow things out of all proportion thing has happened (if people don't like what he's saying, ignore it) this is just my opinion of course.
BTW that thing your selling is WWWAAAAYYYY to cheap!! lololololol

regards, JuvUK

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

ahhhh a.org....

source od much dribbling fanboi amusment since.... err... when was it opened?

cheers kinnie I had a good chuckle over my afternoon coffee :)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Re: Discord on A.org

@all

perfect example of why I can't be bothered with A.org

TC 8)

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

I hate it when people buy up items to resell at a huge profit because it makes it so much more difficult for the real collectors to get the things they want for a reasonable price. Of course, this happens with any collectible item. I really hate greedy people.

Heather

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

OOOOOoooohhh!

Hark at them! I'll scratch you eyes out! :p

I love forum fights, so much vitriol, so little point. :D

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Well, my post along with some personal Emails from redrumola got me banned from his bidding list!? :roll:

...so I had to go back & say:

Linky

It's times like this you wish you could Hax0r the Poll to "TILT". :LOL:

/....I'm always in the Sh1t.....It's just the depth that varies....

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

@Kin

I genuinely think the guy is having a Serious Nervous Breakdown

I have now voted.....

TC :shock:

Hessu

Amiga Manic
AmiBayer
Country
Raisio, Finland
Region
Varsinais-suomi

Forum fights, forum wars and wars between forums, seen that and done that (from my online gaming years):D But nothing to be proud of, since all those turned to be childish bullshit, when thinking those at the second time. Personally i have nothing against Red. I have had few bids from him, and those were at the pretty reasonable price. But things gone a bit too far at A.org :roll: Hopefully it's not spreading here too :shock:
argu.jpg

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

We're hoping not Hessu & just to add, I had nothing against the fella either despite him banning me from his shop.

He really should not have posted what he did as a Moderator. Just damn right disgusting! :evil:

PMSL @ ur Pic btw! :LOL:

T_Hairy_Bootson

Workbitch 1.3
Country
Australia
Region
Melbourne

It has felt like redrumola is there to take advantage of the community for a long time, I wonder why he is still a moderator.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Looks like Doomy have moderator privileges on A.org... :shock:

coze

Commander
Country
Japan
Region
Tokyo

in the defense of Red, I've bought from him a couple of times, and he's been very reliable and prices very reasonable.

I know he doesn't do what he's been accused of doing. I never saw him buy from a forum member. He gets his stuff from local Amiga groups in the US, or collectors who quit and their sell stuff in bulk cause they can't be bothererd to sort and sell them individually. sometimes drives long mileage to get them. I never saw him get something and pump it more expensive later.

Some of the stuff appearantly he doesn't know what it's worth. Like 2 meg A500 upgrades. He's more into 8 bits I guess, and maybe misguided by some ridiculously overpriced ebay auctions. After all it's very hard to put a price on this hardware since none of them are being made anymore (well some of them are being made, but they're not our concern atm)

I believe what he posted he posted to help the seller sell his stuff, thinking it was a good deal for the buyer. I'm not sure if he implied if it should be sold for more or something. But then English is not my first language and I may be interpreting it wrong way.

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

Excuse my ignorance... but why are the "owners" of A.org allowing this to run.
If it is bad for the forum then an admin or whatever should get in and close the thread with a quick explanation as to why - just to stop it esculating.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, will be carrying out such a flame war on AmiBay while I am around....

Frankly, I am shocked but not overly surprised at Red's posts on A.org; the site has always been a self-serving sort of forum that is completely intolerant of any differing point of view. If Red were to even attempt such price driving / flaming activity on here, I would have his balls for ear-rings, you can take that to the bank...for his "way too cheap" comment alone , he would have got a warning on here at the very least.

To a degree, this is why AmiBay gets some bad press from other sites, purely because we aren't beholden to other Moderators and Administrators that think they have the God-given right to manipulate the Amiga market to their own ends, hence the reason they are so intolerant and hostile to those who challenge their Doomy-style ideals of mega-bucks prices at the expense of Joe Public.

AmiBay never has, and never will, bow down to such peer pressure from these sites, at least while I am around. If they don't like it, my freckled butt awaits the pleasure of their laughing tackle....

This site is run by Amiga enthusiasts, for Amiga enthusiasts and has no delusions of capitalism, since we ask for no donations towards site running costs and the site is free to use. By comparison, we are almost communist in our approach, since we only exists for the benefit of the masses; this is the complete opposite of capitalism.

Red deserves to lose customers for showing such clear contempt for the market, by a throwaway comment that an item was selling too cheaply. Does he feel the same way when is offering peanuts to someone wanting to clear out a garage full of similar Amiga goods? Yeah right, I can just see him saying "I'm buying this too cheap; let me offer you another $100".... not.

I do not begrudge a trader making a reasonable profit, however, I do have a real problem with traders who flame a member of the public for selling an item below what they want to charge for it.

All of the above a reasons why we spent so much time and effort to create this site with such a comprehensive structure of rules in place, in order to prevent such market abuse from day one.

The fact seems to be lost on some, that the value of an item is what the seller is prepared to let it go for and that the buyer is willing to pay; this value doesn't need to be a huge amount of cash, does it?

/Discuss..............

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

I think the only thing to discuss is do we still want him on AmiBay?

Or by saying or doing nothing, does that make us two faced?

Perhaps the Members should see this discussion openly & perhaps consider the Poll Vote should decide! :wink:

@ Hessu

Using your Pic over on the A.org thread would be an absolute beauty. I would not have hesitated doing it some years ago & yet soooo much of me still wants to do it! :twisted:

/....moon-walking to the right....

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

I strongly suggest that his account gets Frozen, until such time as he can explain to us why he should remain as an authorised trader to our satisfaction.

I am with you on this Kinnie, there is always the risk that we are seen to condone such benaviour, when we clearly don't. If he doesn't like that then tough titty.

/Me goes off to add Red to the Frozen section......

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

I've posted the following over at A.org....

Redrumloa wrote:

"I'm not a communist and I do not run a charity. What sense would it make for me to sell items at a fraction of their actual worth?"

OK then, so you are a big-time capitalist, who has nothing but contempt for the members on here and tries to screw every last nickel out of them, unless you are buying; does that sound closer to the mark?

Oh, by the way; based on your comments here, your account has been frozen over at Amibay, until you can explain your ideas of capitalism to the Admins via PM, along with how they would benefit our members at AmiBay, to our satisfaction.

Regards,

At least he knows the score now.............

gklinger

Country
Toronto, CANADA

Merlin said:
I do not begrudge a trader making a reasonable profit, however, I do have a real problem with traders who flame a member of the public for selling an item below what they want to charge for it.
What flame? He felt the original asking price was too low (his opinion) and he said so (his constitutional right). What's the problem? Seems like things only got ugly after someone decided they didn't like his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom