DJBase A1000 Kickstart rom Adapter Boards now available

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
I have been talking with Matthias (DJBase) for the past few days. He has several of these a1000 kickstart rom adapter boards available for 10 euro each + postage.

For anyone not in the know, these boards plug into the ODD EVEN rom sockets on your a1000 and allow you to install a standard A500/A2000/A600 kickstart rom - no more floppy booting kickstart!

Board works with all kickstart roms.

Anyone interested should contact Matthias directly via this email address -djbase@gmx.de

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@Abraxxy,

what happened to Matt - he kinda droped of the face of the interwebs a little while back?

It was very unlike him - is he okay?

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I know I've talked about the problem I had with DJBase not sending two of these adapters to me after I paid for them. From what others have told me, this was very uncharacteristic of him. However, I would caution anyone who sends him money to do it through standard PayPal and not as a gift. I would not have received my money back had I sent it as a gift.

I'd still love to get a couple of these adapters for my A1000s but I don't even feel like I can try again because of the problems I had last time. I'd love if someone would order extras so I could buy them for them. :)

Thanks,

Heather

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Not sure what happened to him Zetr0 - only found out about him a month or so ago.

I have sent him probably 4 emails and he has answered them all, sometimes it takes a couple of days though.

Anywho, I have purchased a single board off him. If this arrives in a timely fashion, I would be happy to purchase a few more for others since I am somewhat in contact with Matthias at the moment.

Hope this helps SkydivinGirl.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I would definitely be interested in getting two boards if it works out for you. Please keep us informed. :)

Thanks,

Heather

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Quick update folks.

DJBase has emailed me and confirmed that he has received my payment AND posted my item.

Seems like he back in the saddle, so to speak.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Hey guys!

Quick update, my kickstart rom adapter board arrived safe and sound today. Well packaged and with instructions.

So, I would say that any previous problems must be cleared and it is business as usual with Matt.

Anyone chasing a board should contact Matt at the the email address given at the beginning of this thread.

gehtjanx

Banned
Country
Austria
Region
Vienna
I also had problems with DJBase. He sold me 2 A3000(T) TIP Adapter and after I paid, he did't answer a mail and I had to wait HALF A YEAR (5 or 6 month after payment) to get my Adapters :(

But I got it, thanks god

Phipscube

WipEout Fanboi
Country
Denmark
Region
Ringsted
I had problems only a month ago getting an A1000 Kickstart adapter. I even got vocal publically on the EAB thread after a period where he never answered any of his mails. I only needed to know two things, did he get the money, and am I waiting for a new batch, which could have taken 2 seconds to answer. Then suddenly it turned up a few weeks ago 6 weeks after i'd paid. But when I bought a Clock port adapter eariler this year there were no problems. I paid when they were done and got one a week later. Quite odd really, but I will be weary in furure. The thing is, his products are spot on so its a shame.

gehtjanx

Banned
Country
Austria
Region
Vienna
Me too, as said :( No mails. No problem if he just would write: "I will send in 2 weeks or 2 month whatever" but NO answer and long period of gettig it with lots of trouble :(

Others say, he's a good guy but I didn' saw that side of him.

gehtjanx

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Sooooo weird. He must go through good and bad patches. I wonder if he has family/health problems?

From the very first email I sent him, about two months ago, to the last - yesterday evening, he has always answered them within 24 hours!

Maybe I have some form of irresistable charm that can be effectively conveyed via the email medium? :)

gehtjanx

Banned
Country
Austria
Region
Vienna
haha, sure that is the reason ;)

He answered damn fast - before I paid. After that, he was silent like somebody kidnapped him. After month I got 1 Adapter, but I bought two. I asked and asked again, if its a mistake or he sends later - nothing. Suddenly, month after that, he delivered the second one.

stange guy, :roll:, so if you dont have the charme abraXXious discribed, (n)

joekster

Country
Palm Beach
Region
Florida
Just tried to send him an email - mailbox unknown... I guess he's permanent ly unavailable? Anyone have a kickstart adapter they want to sell?

Last edited:

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
yes I have a brand new one that will not be installed but shipping it to Florida... I always declare a price but this one is brand new so shipping included non tracked I ask 20 eu. Tracked is 42 eu where 26 eu is the shipping.

hektic

Country
Nuneaton, UK
Region
Warwickshire
Good luck following the instructions :(

I bought one a year ago but didn't fit it as I couldn't work out what I was supposed to do with the cutting of traces!

I've lost the instructions now, if you manage to get it working would you mind sending me a copy?

... It's a shame DJbase seems to have quit, he made some cool stuff for amiga!

Cheers

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Good luck following the instructions :(

I bought one a year ago but didn't fit it as I couldn't work out what I was supposed to do with the cutting of traces!

I've lost the instructions now, if you manage to get it working would you mind sending me a copy?

... It's a shame DJbase seems to have quit, he made some cool stuff for amiga!

Cheers

[URL=http://img862.imageshack.us/i/clipboard02p.jpg/]

Top Bottom