Do CDTV expansion covers ready cut for joy/mouse ports exist ?

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
Basically I am not keen on the idea of having the joy and mouse ports hanging out the back by their ribbon cables on my CDTV.

Was thinking of a solution replacing the expansion port cover with a modded one having the holes ready cut for the ports. I doesnt have to be original commodore. Anything with the right shape and fit will do.

I don't want to cut holes in my own expansion cover because A: I'm not capable and dont have the equipment and B: I cant bare to do a permanent mod to such old hardware.

Has anyone got any ideas ?

Cheers

Last edited:

GuruMed

Country
UK
Region
midlands
CDTV USB Mouse and Joystick Adapter

CDTV USB Mouse and Joystick Adapter

I am currently working on this idea, and working out the mounting for the ports to make them strong.

My adapter plans are a replacement backplate with USB mouse port and 9 Pin Joystick port, the cables from the backplate are connected to a pcb that fits onto the chip slot inside the CDTV, so no soldering needed.

The USB socket is connected through a PC ps/2 mouse adapter circuit to allow pc mice eg Microsoft Optical to be used, and a standard 9 pin joystick port.

I will post more details when I have it all installed.

Last edited:

TGE

Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
Same story here, would also be interested in a cover with 2 DB9 holes for Joystick connectors.

DonAmiga

AmiBayer
Country
Scotland
Region
Midlothian
I was lucky enough to find one of those external "cdtv joystick interface" that just plugs into the mouse port and provides 2 joysticks and a mouse port.

Top Bottom