Does anyone know how to get in touch with Shaun Scott?

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hey guys, just a quick question. Does anyone here have a way to get in touch with Shaun Scott (that's his forum user ID) such as his phone number? I purchased several things from him, and he was supposed to mail them on Tuesday, but I haven't heard anything from him since Monday. I have sent him several PMs and e-mails, but as of yet no reply. I'm worried that he might not be ok. He seems like a real upstanding guy, so I'm just worried that something happened to him. If anyone can get in touch with him for me that would be fantastic. Thanks again so much!

Conrad

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
There could be a simple explanation for this tbh.
I would give him another week .... say, till next Friday. That'll give him plenty of chance to get in touch.

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Yes I know about that post, that's one of the things I bought from him, but it doesn't give any way to get in touch with him. I have e-mailed him several times using the send email function on the forum, and also PMed him several times. I'm hoping I can find his phone number somehow.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
As Woody suggests, wait until at least next week. If you still haven't received the items from him, then try to contact him again. If you still don't get any reply them please PM me and I will start an investigation to try and contact him and find out what is happening with the transaction between you.

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Thank you Harrison! Like I said I don't think he's the kind of person to cut and run, I'm more worried that something happened to him. Thanks for your help and concern, I really appreciate it.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I've had a PM from hyppopotamos626 asking much the same question. I'll take it up with the rest of the staff and see if we can reach a resolution.

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
I've been going through the phone book calling every S Scott in London. I've got about 10 more to go. No luck so far. Lots of Sharrons and Stephens and even one Coptic priest named Serribus or something like that, but not one damn Shaun. I'm going to open a paypal dispute if I don't hear from him soon. :sad: All I want is my tower!

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I understand that you´re worried. But remember you´ve got 20 days by paypal rules to open a dispute. Maybe he´s away for the weekend? Andrew (AndyLandy) is going to take it up with the rest of the staff, so rest assured its going to be looked into.

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
This is only the second time I've had something like this happen. The last time was when I bought my MSX Turbo-R from RepairBas (from the msx.org forums) in the Netherlands. He went on a trip and forgot to tell me, but I did end up getting the Turbo-R, and that is the only thing letting me keep my sanity. I'm scared though, and a bit angry too, cause this isn't just something I bought for myself, a family member wanted to buy me something special for a special day in my life that is coming up, and this is what they bought me. It already has sentimental value even before it has arrived and it's worrisome... To be fair Shaun did reply to an email I sent him confirming that he had received payment and would be dispatching the item on Tuesday, since he said Monday was a bank holiday in the UK. Anyway, I can only hope that it all has a logical explanation...

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
It was May Bank Holiday on Monday, so presuming he sent it on Tuesday by Airmail it could still be on it's way to you. There has been some disruption to transatlantic flights due to the Volcanic Cloud which could mean a slight delay maybe possible.
He may have been away from his computer for a few days, which may account for why he hasn't replied so far.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
There are shedloads of parcels still stuck at hubs all over Europe because of the ash cloud; it's not going to clear up quickly, please be patient...

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Ok I trust you guys. It's hard not to worry, but you guys have sort of put my mind at ease a little bit. Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. Hopefully this is all just a misunderstanding. Lol there are a lot of S. Scotts in the London area wondering what that strange bloke from Canada who called at 9:30 in the evening wanted... :p

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Whelp, it's been 2 weeks and still no tower and still no contact. If the admins have a way to get in touch him, I would very much appreciate it if you would exercise that ability and call him or something. I have emailed, PMed, left visitors messages, and even as I mentioned before, called EVERY S. Scott in the London phone book, but still no luck. I'm going crazy and I'm at my wits end.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I've bumped the current open issue in the incidents area in the staff forum. Lets see what the seniors can come up with.

Perhaps a previous buyer of Shaun can PM you deets?

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
:'( I don't think he's done any other deals :'(

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I think its time to start a paypal dispute. I hope you didnt pay gift.

Good luck I hope you get your tower or your money back.

Steve.
Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95/21.0.016; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Id still get in touch and see if they can help. I know through ebay they can give you a phone number or address details if you request them.

Since they are all part of the same its worth a try.

Steve.
Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95/21.0.016; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Unfortunately, PayPal will not re-embuse Gif Payments.

Now this is a sad tale.

@ TheRougue

Probably best you wait on a while & hope, but also not this as a lesson learnt in several ways. Should this item never arrive, no words could ever comfort you with regard to your loss & I am personally sorry you have had to experience this. A box of those dimensions could take a while to land, especially if it was shipped via an Economy method of shipping. Couple that with the Icelandic Volcano dust & it might be a few more weeks. This is of course if he posted it & I doubt it's in a European Hub when going from the UK to Canada.
As a matter of interest, do you have any shipping details at all? - such as Service used etc?

@ Staff

Perhaps this might be a good time for you to consider freezing this fellows account sometime soon. It's now almost three weeks since he last signed in on May 1st. :nod: - That's kinda dissapointing when he has several trading items on AmiBay.

Kin

Top Bottom