Domino?

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
so here's a question, is the Domino graphics card any good? i can find drivers and a mini reviews that is years old, but is it any good? does anyone have any experiance with this card?

cheers, JuvUK

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@juv

I have no experience but by looking on amiga.resource.cx its not got many features.

essentially its a 15bit 32k colour card - and this is only while its screen dimension is no larger than 800x600 - any higher and you are limmited to 256 colours. What also is pretty poor - is that while the AGA has a 24bit pattlet (thats 256 colours from 16Million) the Domino only had 256 colours from 32,000 (well 32,768 to be exact)

I would say that there are three plus points for this card -

1. Supported by P96
2. Supported by CyberGraphix
3. Has VGA Pass through

Now, I notice that the card has a socket for a monitor switcher - this I suspect means that card can not "Auto Switch" dispite the pass-though VGA header

All in all there are much better card to get - but if you are happy with an 800x600 32K colour workbench and you are happy to press a button to change video-sources for when playing games - then this card might be for you.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
ok Zeets, thanks for that!

i think i'll wait for a fair price Picasso II to appear(y)

cheers, JuvUK

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
There's actually two plusses :LOL: on this card. The usually low buying price, due to the "less-wanted" situation, and the fact that it is NetBSD and AMIX compatible. Other than that, it's actually an ISA pc card, plugged as a daughterboard to it's main pcb. Something like the X-Surf style..

Top Bottom