DPaint Registration Wierdness

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello there my fellow AmiBay'ers,

I have been belting on with some pixel art late last night on my devbox and felt it was time to get back into Amiga DPaint for some last minute pallet locks/gradients and touchups.

So with my ClassicOS3.9 installed I decided to install my official licensed copy of DPaint V CD - it installs, you register and then it runs without issue...

however when I close the application and re-run it I have to put in the registration detail again...

and when I close the application, I have to do the same thing again and again etc etc... - its a blimming nightmare!!!

I am running Classic Workbench 3.9 in WinUAE 2.01

Any help would be sincerely appreciated =)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
I didn't have the same issue with my DPaint 5. ;)

However, mine is the Floppy version, but should it make a difference? :shrug:

Kin

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
@Zeets

Is it a write protection problem :readit:

I've seen that before with some other programs.

Dave G :cool:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Open Dopus, select all files inside the DPaint drawer and tick the writeable bit.

Also check if you don't protect the boot partition in case the software tried to put a key in there.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Cheers for your help chaps!

After closer inspection of all the files It turns out that although i used "protect DPaintV:#? +wb ALL" after the install (when this problem first appeared) the DPaintV executable was still write protected!!! (as was DPaintPlayer!)

I am not surprised why, since it came off a CD, just curious as to why the installer didn't sort that problem out.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
CD files are write protected by default; maybe the install program wasn't written to allow for that, since CDs were a relatively new thing back then.

Top Bottom