DREAMCAST - I need some shoot em ups!

RobA1200

Country
England
Region
watford
Hi all

as title really
ive got a pal dreamcast and I could really use some guidance regarding shoot em ups! I'm thinking xenon2 amiga style with a dreamcast touch.
most seem to be jap only.

Thanks for any pointers!

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
The only non-japanese shmups on the Dreamcast are the afterparty releases from NG:Dev and Red Spot Games, but none of them are Xeonon 2'ish, although most of them do have the euroshmup feel, which may be what you're looking for? ;)

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Jap shooters are usually no problem, almost all of the menu's are in English you just need a way to boot them (chipped, utopia boot disk). I buy a lot of Jap shooters for all systems as you can usually play them easily without knowing any Japanese.

I buy a fair few from here: http://videogameimports.com/

Rave

SCSI2SD Rocks my world!
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
As slk486 said, Sturmwind is a fine release and well worth the cash, albeit it takes a while for them to send it!
There's a few good side scrolling shmups for the DC though: chaos field, gigawing 1&2, mars matrix, psyvariar, and my all time favourite Ikaruga.
I think they are mostly available in PAL but you can use a boot disk to swap region, or if you have a mil cd capable machine you can play pre-patched games.

RobA1200

Country
England
Region
watford
Thanks all for replies! Plenty of leads. Don't want to break any rules but happy to buy from here as well as over there. Thanks again.

Top Bottom