salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
Hey there fellas, there's a local Amigan who's got a Cumana COM-201 controller. http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/search.pl?product=&company=cumana He actually got it recently as a complete pack. Says his disk drive chewed da floppy with the accompanied driver/software making it useless. Would any kind soul happen to have such a gadget and be able to up the driver or suggest some other way that thing could work?
Not mine, just trying to figure a way to help the guy..
Thanks all around (y)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@salaxi54

Hiyas, I have searched both amiga.resource.cx and amiga-hardware.com and I have not found any Cumana-201 =(

have you got any pictures of the device ?

does it have an auto-booting feature?

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
Will do.

Unfortunately I have 2 of these cards now, and both cause green screen / blinking LED on my 500. I am tempted to try a different revision motherboard (mine is a 6a).

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
@chiark: Thanks a whole lot mate, will let the interested fella know so he can try it out! (y)

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
I just hope his card works :D

if he needs a quick reference to ST-506 drives, there's one on binarydevotion ;).

If I get one working, I'll review it... after all, with the HDA506 and the Xebec 9720H this'll be a good collection of old school controller and disk info!

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Hmmm The Zebec, If memory serves me right the controller board contains & is run by a Z80A.
Used to have one of these in my old XT

TC :LOL:

Top Bottom