Drivers for 1942 monitor

desantii

Banned
Country
Chicago
Hi, I recently aquired a 1942 monitor, but I was reading there is a set of drivers for this monitor. Does anyone have them?

thanks

bazzaq

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for Breakfast
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Liverpool
i might have an original disk you can have for cost of postage. I will have to have a look for it.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Remember the drivers are only useful for 2.x/3.0 Workbench. 3.1 onwards don't need the disk.

desantii

Banned
Country
Chicago
Ok, now I feel a complete noob. What is the actual advantage of the 1942? I hooked it up to my A1200 and it looks the same. Do a need a special monitor type from storage(the dbl ones?). What is the advantage of the 1942 vs the 1084?

thanks

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
The 1942 is a kind of Multi-Sync monitor known as a Bi-Sync. - See here:

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=854

Your 1084S is nothng more than a 15Khz TV tube displaying nothing better than a Pal or NTSC screen mode. - See here:

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=849

The 1942 should support almost all of the Amiga Display modes, though you would need a Flicker Fixer in place to run the Laced sreeen modes.

DblPal/NTSC should be perfect for your Higher Res needs.

Kin

Last edited:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I use to have an A1942. It is an awesome monitor, capable of showing up to 800x600 resolution, but it don't sync to the weird EURO modes (does anyone ever used those modes?).

Works with all NTSC/PAL modes , the DBL counterparts works OK (a bit of flicker in DBL modes) and support VGA productivity mode, plus work also with VGAonly "helper".

And everything Charlie said is right.

The only thing I dislike from it was when switching modes you have to centre the screen using the horizontal potentiometer.

Top Bottom