Dual CF to 44 pin IDE SSD Hard Disk Drive UDMA

dwight miller

AmiBayer
Country
usa
Region
Missouri, Wildwood
I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these double CF card readers that is mounted in a metalic 2.5 HD case. It says that with both cards inserted it reads the drive as one card. Don't know any thing about them but it makes me wonder about the possibilities.

Dwight ;)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I have no clue, but please post a link, since I only saw master slave stuff.

mfilos

Extr3m3ly l33t
Country
Greece
Region
Glyfada/Athens
Yeah I also saw these as a Master/Slave units getting 2 different drives at a time.

Maybe this one has a JBOD mini controller inside making both cards act as one :)

Don't see many possibilities unless you plan to use 2x16GB ones... but then again... why in 1 drive instead of 2? :p

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Both links shows the same CF adapter. It is an ordinary dual CF holder, which have two adapters.

It does not contain any logic circuit, only a few capacitors and jumpers. It will not make two CF in one, it will add both CF, one to each IDE channel (master/slave) IF IT WORK IN AMIGA.

Most dual CF adapters don't work and even blocks the IDE for adding a CD or DVD-ROM unit.

mfilos

Extr3m3ly l33t
Country
Greece
Region
Glyfada/Athens
I have exactly the same adapter mate!
I have got that for testing in an Artigo Pico-ITX unit but tested it in Amiga as well...

Trust me it doesn't work as intended... Only managed to get only 1 slot to work using 3 different cards. Haven't tried for long time though.

It's just have a jumper to select the 2 CF cards as: Master-Slave for Connector 1-2 and Master-Slave for Connector 2-1.

dwight miller

AmiBayer
Country
usa
Region
Missouri, Wildwood
Ok - I get it don't waste my time or money on it for an Amiga.

I have another question - what is the max CF memory an Amiga can use or is there one through the scsi > ide interface? Same for HDrives?

1994 was the last time I had my amy 2000 out - shes out being dusted off - getting ready to bring her up to date.

The Loves I've had and Lost
Vic 20, C 64, SX64 (LOST)
Amiga 1000, Amiga 2000

Dwight

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Actual maximum used size is 128GiB (yes, 128 Giga Bytes) using the latest patched SCSI.device.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
@Dwight Miller

I installed a Dual CF Adapter in my A4000 a while ago. You can see pictures and get part numbers in this post. I finally managed to get two cards working in it at the same time today! They show up as separate drives. :)

@Rogerio

Where can I get the latest scsi.device?

Heather

mfilos

Extr3m3ly l33t
Country
Greece
Region
Glyfada/Athens
@SkydivinGirl

(Sorry for replying instead of our wise friend Rkauer...)
I think the latest scsi.device is the one inside the unofficial BB3 (correct me if I'm wrong). As the authors say on the website:
Scsci.device 44.2- Adds proper LBA48 and more!
This patch is at http://www.doobreynet.co.uk/amiga.html (follow the SCSI 44.2 patch
link) If you ´ve got an Amiga 3000 or 4000T then you should use scsi.device 43.45 update patch as there is no 44.2 patch for both of this models of Amigas.
Get it at http://aminet.net/driver/media/SCSI4345p.lha (you should use the IDE patch version for the A4000T)
Cheers :cool:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Out good Greek friend is right: 43.45 is the one to look for.

But it is only useful for drives with more than 128Gb (real 128Gb, not the misleading 128000Mb HD makers do). Tough "only" 128Gb will be used.

Top Bottom