Antwerp (province)
Yes, I feel like youre avatar know.:bowdown: I will be smart and not say more

Cloudane

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Cumbria
Ha, one heck of a hack. Now set it up to boot straight to UAE, maybe put an Amiga case around it and there you have it :)

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
My kind of "hack" :LOL:
Duck(t) tape saved me a lot of times when I was too lazy to get my soldering iron out.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Interesting Hackery indeed

4892407795_824d19ca4e.jpg

I like the finish on the keyboard... would be uber cool if the right hand side blank of the keyboard lifted up and it was a DVDRW or BluRay =)

Megatron-UK

Country
UK
Region
Durham/Newcastle
Ever tried typing for any decent amount of time on the new Apple keyboards? Several of the guys in our office have them and their typing speed and accuracy is poor. Virtually no travel to the keys and awful feedback. Style over substance IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years time there's a mass outbreak of chronic RSI and arthritis in Mac users from being subjected to these terrible keyboards.

My boss has also just got himself a 'magic' touchpad, I openly mocked him when he was trying to do normal things like select text in a document, or edit part of a URL in his browser... it was like someone trying to take a hand-eye coordination test and failing abysmally :LOL:

Cloudane

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Cumbria
Actually I ended up buying an Apple keyboard (and remapping it) for my PC at work with my own money since I find them so pleasant to use. Genuinely. Looking pretty is nothing more than a bonus. YMMV :)

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
Ever tried typing for any decent amount of time on the new Apple keyboards?

Yes, I have.

It's now one of my all time favourite keyboards. My initial reaction at seeing the macbook where they first debuted the style was "that's awful".

Then I tried one, and then I used one in anger, and then I bought two :D ... They're great.

It's not style over substance, IMHO apple are about usability over everything.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Actually I ended up buying an Apple keyboard (and remapping it) for my PC at work with my own money since I find them so pleasant to use. Genuinely. Looking pretty is nothing more than a bonus. YMMV :)

Haha! I have gone completely the opposite way. I have an iMac on my desk at work, but it has a Microsoft Natural Keyboard and Laser Mouse 6000 attached to it. I do so much typing that I'd be lost without my MS Natural. I hated it at first, but after two weeks, I was completely sold on it. Been using Natural keyboards for nigh-on seven years now.

That all said, I don't have a problem with the Mac keyboards, Indeed, I have a couple at home, but for extended periods, you can't beat the Natural.

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
I loved my old Trust natural keyboard. I lent it to someone who then never returned it. :(

I've got a replica Model-M keyboard from pckeyboard.com as my current favourite, although it's not a natural.

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
My experience is that I went from a cheapo natural keyboard to the mac flat keyboard :D

It really is horses for courses!

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Ever tried typing for any decent amount of time on the new Apple keyboards? Several of the guys in our office have them and their typing speed and accuracy is poor. Virtually no travel to the keys and awful feedback. Style over substance IMO.

WHAT? I type on macs every day from I wake up till I go to sleep (I'm a full time student and work as a developer full time, so I'm at one at all time). I've used about anything on the marked since the early 80s from the god awful rubber keyboards to the ibm clickclacks to wave-keyboards and other "ergonomic" shit. And the current mac keyboards is no doubt the best keyboards I've ever used.

And yes, this post was of course written on one.

Cloudane

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Cumbria
They're there so that you know when you're drunk or have really fat fingers and need to diet :D

Hell_Labs

Banned
Country
England
Region
St.Helens, Lancashire
the spaces between the keys on a mac keyboard are less than the space between the tops of a normal one. Apple win again.

Brataccas

AmiBayer
Country
Swindon
Region
Wiltshire
Great looking hack, like Zeet said it would be cool to have a bluray under that new Apple Trackpad and the keyboard isn`t that bad, i prefer the original Macintosh II keyboards myself but i don`t mind the new ones after a little getting used to.

Cheers,

Top Bottom