Dummy's Guide to installing X-Surf 100 & RapidRoad USB?

GlynH

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Oxfordshire
Hi there,

Fitted an X-Surf 100 and piggy-backed the RapidRoad USB controller onto it but how to get it working?

Using the floppy that came with the card I updated my Trident/Poseidon from v4.4->4.5 and let it install the X-Surf100 driver.

i ran Trident and added the driver.

However when I click the online button all I get is an error and the device is not recognised.

What have I missed here? It's been a long time since I have used an Amiga and back in my day the X-Surf/Rocky Road was unheard of.

If I go into SysInfo/ShowConfig I can see the entry for the board so the system is aware of it.

Can some kind soul please point me to a resource so I am able to install the drivers/devices properly please?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

FastRobPlus

Country
USA
Region
Bellevue, WA
I don't have a Rapid Road, but I have used Subway and Deneb. Here's what you might try:

In Trident, select hardware from the left and make sure you have rapidroadxs100.device listed there, and that it's the one set to "on-line"
If its not there, you have to add it by clicking new and then locating the device wherever it was installed.
You should also check "Classes" and make sure you see a bunch of stuff listed there. In particular you must see hid.class
If you make any additions to either of the above, I think you have to explicitly save the changes in Trident, then click the 'on-line' button to activate the controller.

If that fails (or you are already way past that stuff) you might try setting the Xsurf to ZII mode to see if something on the bus is an issue.

Sorry my advice on this is all fairly generic. I'm sure Icomp's support system could get you sorted out pretty quick.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Pretty much what FastRob said. It might help to be a little more specific about the error/s and post screen shots. If you have an A3640 I believe you need to use the Zorro II mode.

Top Bottom