Not open for further replies.

FastRobPlus

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Bellevue, WA
I'm selling my second Deneb. It's got the latest firmware and has been a great card when used in ZII or ZIII PIO mode. I've had it working in ZIII DMA mode on an A3000 with the A3000T chipset, and ZIII PIO mode on my A4000.

I am the 3rd and 5th owner of this particular card, but don't worry, only the odd-numbered owners of this card are cursed to die under mysterious circumstances as far as you know. ;)

I call this card a "Dead-neb" because like many Deneb cards, the external USB port headers have been fried. Apparently, there is a design flaw in the card where it does not have voltage protection on the external USB port headers, and these headers are not keyed in any way. So plugging the headers in backward can fry the card's external USB ports. The 2nd owner of the card seems to have done just that.

The good news is that the card has a primary single, standard USB 2.0 port built onto the card itself, and this port works perfectly. This means that the card can accept any USB 1.1 or 2.0 device or it can be connected to a powered USB 2.0 hub to gain back 4 or more USB ports.

Additionally, Deneb's other main function - the early boot internal flash ROM - works perfectly. I've had it pre-loading a bunch of extensions including the Poseidon stack, giving me USB and patched libraries prior to the OS loading.

So basically the card works flawlessly except that it requires a decent USB hub if you want to connect more than one USB device at a time.
Alternately, E3B supposedly offers repairs on the card which I tried to do so I could eliminate the need for a hub, but I have not had luck negotiating a repair with that person. I suspect if you are in Europe it'd be a lot easier.

Comes with docs but not the external USB ports. I've removed it from my system, but you might need to reset the card initially (using the jumpers) in case I have any libraries in the flash that interfere with your machine. I also have the original box, but I may have to omit it to fit the priority mail box shape if shipped via that service (I'll need to verify the dimensions)

deneb.jpg

$240 paypal as gift or +4% for fees
Shipping examples (Europe via USPS flat rate small box Priority):
Germany: $24.75
UK: $24.75
US: $less tha UK or Germany

Last edited:

BLTCON0

Math inside
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Country
Hellas (Greece)
Region
Chania, Crete
Solder a good +5V source to the +5V terminal of each external header, plug in a USB stick and observe - chances are the data part of the ports is fine and only the power segment has kicked the bucket.

FastRobPlus

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Bellevue, WA
PM replied!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Solder a good +5V source to the +5V terminal of each external header, plug in a USB stick and observe - chances are the data part of the ports is fine and only the power segment has kicked the bucket.

Interesting...
The e3b guy tells anyone with this issue to just use a hub. Honestly, I've been using it with just one device so never bothered. My main purpose has been the flash ROM

Last edited:

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
Turned out that out of the 3 buddha cards (2 working, 1 not) the phoenix edition was actually the not working one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom