Electric Dreams TV show on BBC

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Seen this when it was first shown on BBC 4, good nostalgic trip down memory lane.

Don't want to spoil it for anyone but for the 80's the family chose the Acorn BBC Model B & the elder boy was fascinated by it, although confused by the cassette tapes.

TC :)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Electric Dreams = top song

80's synthpop at it's best!!

"I only knew you for a while, I never saw your smile, until it was time to go, time to go away...."

:cool:

eeztheman

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Woking Surrey
Watched it tonight, certainly brought back a few memories (rose tinted specs an optional extra :))

Loved the way it took them so long to get the games running on the BBC Micro!

Bring back Betamax :LOL:

Hell_Labs

Banned
Country
England
Region
St.Helens, Lancashire
watching the 70s one now. How soft are these people?

"oh no! no dishwasher! The horror!"

Then she does them one at a time as they get dirty instead of just filling the bowl...:roll:

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
@Merlin - that song got me into Keyboards and Synth's :) Great Phil Oakey stuff.

The show is great - still have it on my sky box from the BBC4 showing. Love how the family (well the kids anyway - and strangely so is the dad sometimes!) are confused by what to do with the stuff!

On a separate note - my daughter spent two hours today playing Little Computer People on her PC (She's only eight and a half) and loved it. Using C64 Forever. I actually taught her how to do it from the C64 command line but then, once she got it I showed her the quick way LOL. She also watched the show with me on BBC4 and loved it (mainly because she has access to loads of the equipment and technology from that era because I'm a collector and she can say - I can get that to work dad - why can't they!). I feel she is doomed to geekdom!

J

Hell_Labs

Banned
Country
England
Region
St.Helens, Lancashire
I'm pretty sure they picked a family who are especially useless. I mean, come on, breaking a VHS video recorder by slamming in a beta tape repeatedly? Not knowing how to wash dishes? I'm surprised they've lived this long.

The tech they gave them was pretty wonky too, I mean a Win 3.1 machine in a kids bedroom? In real life he'd have had a shit fit! Atleast he got a powermac after though...

Top Bottom