Eurovision Lyrics - Comedy Gold!!

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I came across this on the BBC site this lunchtime and I had to post a link here:-

>>LINK<<

Our international AmiBayers are urged to throw some light onto the quite bizarre lyrics that have cropped up; some of them are hilarious but I'm not sure if they were intended to be.....:rofl3

GERMANY
Artist: Lena
Song: Satellite

66a.gif
I went everywhere for you, I even did my hair for you, I bought new underwear that's blue, And I wore it just the other day
99a.gif

*cough*

ARMENIA
Artist: Eva Rivas
Song: Apricot Stone

66a.gif
I began to cry a lot And she gave me apricots
99a.gif

Erm :blink::wooha::nuts:

LITHUANIA
Artist: In Culto
Song: East European Funk

66a.gif
Yes sir, we are legal, we are, Though we are not as legal as you No sir, we're not equal, no, Though we are both from the EU We build your homes and wash your dishes, Keep your hands all soft and clean, But one of these days you'll realise, Eastern Europe is in your genes Get up and dance to our Eastern European kinda funk!
99a.gif

Sponsored by Fairy Liquid, maybe....??

THE NETHERLANDS
Artist: Sieneke Peeters
Song: Ik Ben Verliefd

66a.gif
I've forgotten where I heard this song, In the summer sun I believe it was with you there, On the beach in Lisbon, Or was it there that time in Paris, With a bowl of fresh mocha ice cream, Or could it have been with the two of us, Over the sea in that hot-air balloon...It's also quite possible that I was on a plane to Oslo with you
99a.gif

Arnljot's gonna have to explain the Oslo connection in this one, I'm lost....

LATVIA
Artist: Aisha
Song: What for?

66a.gif
What for are we living? What for are we dreaming? What for are we loosing? [sic] Only Mr God knows why (But) His phone today is out of range
99a.gif

Serves him right for using Orange....

:LOL:

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
oh now I got to find out what east European funk is like

edit:

crap its a band and not a movement ;(

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
THE NETHERLANDS
Artist: Sieneke Peeters
Song: Ik Ben Verliefd

66a.gif
I've forgotten where I heard this song, In the summer sun I believe it was with you there, On the beach in Lisbon, Or was it there that time in Paris, With a bowl of fresh mocha ice cream, Or could it have been with the two of us, Over the sea in that hot-air balloon...It's also quite possible that I was on a plane to Oslo with you
99a.gif

Arnljot's gonna have to explain the Oslo connection in this one, I'm lost....

They changed the lyrics on this one. The original text mentions something like "together overseas in a hot air balloon" rather than that Oslo phrase.

The song was written by Pierre Kartner (better known by his stage name Father Abraham), who has written hundreds of songs, most of them on a literate level of a random 12-year old. You probably know him from The Smurf Song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Kartner

God, I hope that she finishes last and those eurovision song contest loving homos finally will decide it's pretty much a bad idea to even think about competing. Someone should make this stop.....(n)

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
what I would like to see is the whole competition failing, it just SUCKS

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I think the funnies you can google is the norwegian contribution, with the phrase "My heart is yours", he's got a problem pronouncing that, so he's giving you a quite other organ of his body...

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
I think the funnies you can google is the norwegian contribution, with the phrase "My heart is yours", he's got a problem pronouncing that, so he's giving you a quite other organ of his body...

Pity Keep of Kalessin only came second. as a "trønder" (I'm originally from the same part of the country as they) I of course hoped they could represent us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRA5pKOP5Ho

For some pretty nice extreme metal that unfortunally only came second in the national vote.

http://lyrics.wikia.com/Keep_Of_Kalessin:The_Dragontower

For those who wonders what the f.. they sing.

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Apparently this is our candidate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ry-G55j0LI
It's almost a good song, except for the English parts when he sings with that "I haz study English in kindergarten" accent of his...
Anyone wants to have fun with the lyrics? Be my guest ;)

EDIT: Damn, if only KONTRUST could represent us... mmmmm... that would show them... :mrgreen:

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
True, he somehow reminds me of James Pond with a wig and Lederhosen ;)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
At least we know where he ended up when Saved By The Bell got canned then....:LOL:

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Eurovision? Who cares!
World Cup soccer, that's what its all about! (y):D:readit:

Lets see, men in clothes that could be worn on gay parade, or the area where guys run around hugging, ripping their clothes off and end up in piles? :p

Now, Rally on the other hand... ;)

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
I'd rather watch rugby, at least those guys don't start crying for their mothers when another player tackles them. :roll:

coze

Commander
Country
Japan
Region
Tokyo
what I would like to see is the whole competition failing, it just SUCKS

here I wrote this song for you keropi,

For all this time I’ve been loving you
I even know your name
For just one night, we could be the ghey
No matter what they say