Not open for further replies.

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
739   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
I have for sale external ZIP drive for Amigas.
It is the parallel port drive which is connected to Amiga by a special cable.
Drive not only allows file transfers between PC-Amiga (which is great especialy for transfering and writing ADF files), but you can also format ZIP floppy with Amiga filesystem and use the ZIP drive as an external harddrive (works even on Kickstart 1.3!).
Sale includes the external ZIP100 Drive including PSU + PC cable, special Amiga-ZIP cable, 2 ZIP floppy disks (1 formatted for PC and 1 formatted for Amiga), 2 Boot Driver disks (1 for Kickstart 1.3 and the second for Kick 2.0+).
Please note that the special Amiga-ZIP cable is connected to both Amiga parallel port and Amiga joystick port (so you can not play games requiring joystick when ZIP is connected).

Here I made a video of the external ZIP drive running Dune game on A500/Kick 1.3

extzip.jpg

Price: 35 € + shipping costs (SEPA Banktransfer or PayPal gift)

Last edited:

botialoach

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Country
Cyprus
Region
Nicosia
I have a question:
Why you can not use the 2nd lets say Amiga 500 joystick port for a joystick? Does it have to do with drawing too much power when connect to the Zip Drive?

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
739   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
You can not use the joystick because the driver needs some singnals which are missing on old amiga parallel ports which is solved by using the joystick port.

botialoach

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Country
Cyprus
Region
Nicosia
So if I understand correctly, when this cable is connected on an Amiga 500, both joystick ports cease to work as joystick ports, even thought one is empty/spare?

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
739   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
No, only joystick 2 port is in use by the cable, joystick 1 port is working normally for mouse or joystick operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom