Fast ATA 4000 MKIII

Marcb

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Sydney
Hi,

A while back I bought a Fast ATA 4000 MKIII on the other bay which the seller did describe as needing some work...

I received it, took a good look at it and put it aside as a project for when my soldering skills improved...

Alas, time has passed and my soldering skills are still non-existant so I'm wondering whether there is another way that doesnt require soldering.

The problem is that every pin on the two ide headers is bent and on the primary header, the first two pins are broken off..

Is there a simple way to replace the two pins without me doing further damage?

Marc

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hiyas Marc

Unfortunately the header (or part of it) will need to be replaced. I could suggest methods but if you are not proficient then this will lead to damage. Instead I suggest that you contact Lowedown or perhaps Hewistson on http://eab.abime.net.

Of course you can also contact Nathan (AmigaManiac) here, and pending his current projects and workload he maybe able to help.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Also, posting a picture of the damage would assist our resident solder jedi to assess if the force is still with the card.

Marcb

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Sydney
Thanks Zetro,

One good thing I suppose is that the header itself appears to be made up of 20 separate modules and the two broken pins are on the same module, I'll contact the guys you suggested and see how I go...
(y)

Cheers,
Marc

Edit: Arnljot, I'm on my ipod at the moment but I'll put up a pic tomorrow :)

Top Bottom