Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzer

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Hampshire
When leaving feedback, does "role" mean my role or their role?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Re: Feedback help

Your role. So if you sold someone an item you leave feedback as the seller. If you purchased an item you leave feedback as the buyer.

Muzer

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Hampshire

Oops, now I just feel stupid :p

After all that, I accidently left it as "trade" :p

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ Harrison

*cough*

Confusions aside, does that mean if someone buys from me, I leave feedback saying they are the "Buyer"?

Kin

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

No. You would have sold the item to the person you are leaving feedback for, and so your role in the sale is as a seller. Therefore you would leave feelback saying you are the seller of that transaction.

When leaving any feedback, it is "your" role you are selecting, not the person's role you are leaving the feedback for.

Hope that is clear now?

I have noticed a lot of members have been leaving feedback with the wrong roles selected.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

@H

Perhaps the word 'YOUR' should be added in front of 'ROLE' :ROTFLOL2:

Dave G 8)

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

I have always read it as their rolle....

Maybe make the texts more explicit then?

"Your role" vs "role"

I have read it as

"Feedback receivers role".

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Just too hilarious to comment & so bloody wrong. :ROTFLOL2:

Bit like the Email notification working again for PM's & thread updates. :ROTFLOL2:

Kin

:ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2:
:ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2: :ROTFLOL2:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

There is no point altering the existing feedback system because the vBulletin move will see a completely new and better feedback system introduced to Amibay. We now have the vB license and I'm currently performing migration tests. Therefore we might be migrating to vB as early as next week.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ Harrison

Good luck with the Migration to VB m8y. (y)

Kin

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Having just left feedback for someone, (I was the Seller) I thought I'd grab the feedback box screen

Feedback.png

Just to point out as a seller leaving feedback, the feedback is for the person Buying. Therefore, common sense would say that the Usernames role is a Buyer. Leaving feedback above as a seller, when the username actually buys is just wrong.

By the same token, fralbore should have selected Seller when leaving feedback for me, because that was my role in the transaction.
It appears as though everyone has been doing it wrong according to Harrison, yet Logically, we have all been doing the right thing. :popcorn:

Kin

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

:oops: *ahem

thats the way I have been doing it too Kinnie

:oops:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

To see why that is wrong, click on your "My Feedback" link at the top of the site. For each feedback you have been left it is set out listing who left the feedback, and what their role was in the transaction. You will then instantly see how it makes no sense if for example you read feedback saying they have sent you an item, but have the role set to buyer. See what I mean?

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

thats the way I have been doing it too Kinnie
:oops: me too..

To see why that is wrong, click on your "My Feedback" link at the top of the site. For each feedback you have been left it is set out listing who left the feedback, and what their role was in the transaction. You will then instantly see how it makes no sense if for example you read feedback saying they have sent you an item, but have the role set to buyer. See what I mean?
Maybe for the next one you should change it... If we want to leave feedback we are leaving it for another person so it is logical that the questions asked when leaving feedback relate to the other person

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

No Harrison, you're wrong. (n)

I can see the point you are making, but then as already mentioned, Role should read Your Role in order to logically do as you suggest. :roll:

Talk about make something totally fudged. It's almost as bad as selecting START to shut down your computer. :ROTFLOL2:

Massively confusing all round tbh & @ the end of the day, does it really matter??

Kin

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

Harrison said:
...You will then instantly see how it makes no sense if for example you read feedback saying they have sent you an item, but have the role set to buyer. See what I mean?

I think I've got wind - oh no it's just me repeating myself - Wouldn't it be simpler and clearer just to add either the word 'Your' or 'Their' in front of the word 'Role' :shrug:

That one small extra word makes all the difference in this case.

Dave G 8)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

As I didn't write the Feedback mod we are using, then yes it would be more hassle than it is worth to look through the mod's code to add one word, especially as we are about to completely scrap the Feedback mod anyway.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ Harrison

Perhaps best to leave this entirely until the Migration to VB in the next week or two. If only to keep things easy. :wink:

Kin

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

Amen, Kinnie.
(y)

Status