Feedback?

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Sorry, I have probably missed the section that explains the Feedback system, so can someone please explain it to me?

I take it buyers are not eligible for feedback? Does it only apply to sellers? I would have thought that sellers would want to know who is potentially a sound buyer, and who they can expect problems from?

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Hi there,
Feedback is a two way thing on Amibay, you can leave it as a buyer and seller, or even if you are both trading kit.
Harrison made an announcement HERE which covers it in more detail, but unlike another site, we don't restrict who can, and when you can, leave feedback.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Well, then I am really confused. I have purchased half a dozen items from Amibay and my feedback is still 0! :)

I, in turn, have not left any feedback for sellers as I am not about to leave feedback for someone not willing to do the same for me, and as my part of the transaction (paying of money) was completed before their part (posting and receiving of item), surely that means the onus is on the seller to leave feedback first?

jayrox

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Sheffield
For everything I have purchase, feedback has been given and left once I have recieved the item.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
We don't place any onus on who should leave feedback first, but it is part of your terms as an Amibay member that you should always leave feedback for any transactions to participate in.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
So you are saying that feedback should have been left by the sellers of the items I have purchased?

We don't place any onus on who should leave feedback first, but it is part of your terms as an Amibay member that you should always leave feedback for any transactions to participate in.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
So you are saying that feedback should have been left by the sellers of the items I have purchased?

Absolutely, both parties should always leave feedback for every transaction.

Cloudane

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Cumbria
Well, then I am really confused. I have purchased half a dozen items from Amibay and my feedback is still 0! :)

I, in turn, have not left any feedback for sellers as I am not about to leave feedback for someone not willing to do the same for me, and as my part of the transaction (paying of money) was completed before their part (posting and receiving of item), surely that means the onus is on the seller to leave feedback first?

There are a small handful who call it "holding feedback hostage" (as it opens up the temptation for retaliative feedback) but the norm on evilbay before they disabled negative feedback for buyers, which is still common and probably finds its way here, is that the seller leaves feedback after the buyer. It makes sense to me, really - the seller does his/her part, resolves any issues etc and the buyer leaves feedback. If the buyer hasn't been a pain in the arse about it, the seller then leaves theirs.

It's down to whether you consider the buyer's job to have finished with payment. A handful do (usually those who don't sell much!), many others consider it finished when they've reported any problems and accepted the seller's solutions gracefully (which is indicated by leaving them positive feedback).

These days, evilbay doesn't acknowledge the idea of a bad buyer at all (with the explanation of disabling retaliation), which I think is untrue personally, some can be ridiculously fussy or blame the seller for something that is their fault etc.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi, I always leave feedback for the buyer once they have left feedback and are happy. Just paying for an item is not the only thing that makes a good buyer, you can get trouble with a buyer even after they rec the item so my way works for me.

Just posting the item and leaving feedback is not the end for a good seller, make sure that the buyer has the item and is happy and then leave feedback.

It would also help if more buyers let you know and update the thread when they have received the item I have had to chase up quite a few.

Steve.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
... I have purchased half a dozen items from Amibay and my feedback is still 0! :)

Not really, as others have mentioned, once a transaction is completed fully and everyone is satisfied, that's when to leave appropriate feedback.
It allows everyone to give truly representative feedback about how everything went.
It's also why we mark a thread as "Sold" but leave it open so that any issues can be resolved, only closing when feedback has been left.
You could try PMing the guys you bought stuff from, or leave a comment in the thread?

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Sorry, I dont get it. Once the buyer has paid the funds etc then I believe they have done their job, so to speak. If the buyer complains etc when the item arrives, then surely this is due a problem with the item - surely not the buyers fault.

If the seller is willing to smooth out the problem then I am sure the buyer will leave the appropriate feedback.

I can understand wary sellers not wanting to leave feedback first if they have had experiences with troublesome buyers, but this, to me, is holding feedback hostage - as someone else has already mentioned.

Since the buyer takes the risk and finishes his "job" first, I believe it is only right that the seller should be leaving feedback first. Of course, then the buyer should be responsible with his/her feedback and try to sort out any problems (should they arise) before leaving their feedback.

This is the way I, and many that I have dealt with, have done for many years on eBay, so I really dont subscribe to this (odd) way of doing things.

Anywho, is of little consequence, I will continue to leave feedback after the seller has done so, and by the sounds of things, sellers will leave feedback after the buyer has done so.... so in my case at least, I cannot see much feedback being left. :)

Thanks for all the replies and help though guys.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
personally,

i recieve an item, leave feedback, then couldn't give a flying f, what happens after that, lifes too short, move along, nothing to see here

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Thats fair enough,

personally,

I receive feedback from a seller, then leave feedback myself, then couldn't give a rats a#$ what happens after that, life is indeed too short, move along, nothing to see here.

Great minds huh? :)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
personally,

i recieve an item, leave feedback, then couldn't give a flying f, what happens after that, lifes too short, move along, nothing to see here

And if everyone did this, things would work a lot better. :)

Cloudane

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Cumbria
It could be equally argued that you are holding feedback hostage too ;) ideal is if both parties just leave it in good faith regardless of what the other one does.

IMO not all problems are the seller's fault and you can indeed have bad buyers beyond the transaction - e.g. Those who screw up installation of hardware and try to get away with calling it DOA (which is why in my recent purchase I made every effort to make sure a problem I was having was due to a supplied component and not a bad miggy/psu/etc)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Ive been involved with many transactions here and have always left feedback as soon as I rec the item and as a seller as soon as I receive feedback. I try to always keep the thread updated also.

To date no problems with feedback.

It seems from my experience most of the time this is what happens so Im sure if you let the sellers know that you have the items and are happy you will get your feedback.

I still do not agree as a buyer your responsibility ends at the time of payment, this isnt a faceless shop this is a community!

Steve.

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
Thats fair enough,

personally,

I receive feedback from a seller, then leave feedback myself, then couldn't give a rats a#$ what happens after that, life is indeed too short, move along, nothing to see here.

Great minds huh? :)

For a start off this is NOT the other bay this is a community.

If you leave feedback as you are satisfied with your end of the deal whether you are buying or selling then that is done.

It will also generate a pm to the other party which will remind them of leaving feedback. (they may have forgot)

If other party unduly gives you bad feedback then report it to the mods who will look into it.

Simple, leaving feedback here is a matter of building trust in the community not I will if you will.

Gary

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Gary thats a good point, Ive always left my seller feedback when I get that little PM :)

Normally I get the feedback from the seller as soon as they rec the item so its all over and done with pretty fast.

Steve.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
I can see, and understand the points being raised, but, I still see some have the impression that the buyer should leave feedback first - "as a seller leave feedback as soon as receive feedback". Whilst I agree that both parties should simply leave feedback, in my case at least, not a single seller has left feedback for a single transaction - I read this as the buyer being expected to leave feedback first. Not seller first, nor independantly, not at the same time.

I do not agree with this. Every transaction I have entered into on Amibay has been 100% successful and I am more than happy to leave feedback - as soon I receive some.

One seller has obviously read this thread - they have now left feedback. In return I will now leave them feedback....

....how exactly do I do this? :)

Again, thanks for the help/views guys.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
There are no hard and fast rules about who should leave feedback first, everything in this thread is purely the opinion of the various members.

To leave feedback,

1. Navigate to the first page of the thread where you made a purchase and "copy" the URL
  2. Look underneath the seller's Username and click on the number to the right of "Feedback:"
  3. Click on "Submit feedback for ...."
  4. Fill in the form
  5. Click "Submit Reply".
Have a relaxing beverage of your choice. :coffee:

Last edited:
Top Bottom