Not open for further replies.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I am one happy bunny. :D

This week I've been on leave, kids at school, wifie at work and apart from the usual household chores I've been able to mooch about all day doing my own thing for a change.
I haven't shaved all week it's been that good!

But the main reason for feeling so pleased with myself is that I've been able to get all those little jobs done that I've been wanting to tackle, but never seemed to have the time for. I hate it if I have bought stuff with big plans for it, only to be thwarted by 'Operation deny free time'.

I finally got round to sorting out my DivIDE on my Speccy and got started on the case mods for it. Started up the thread here so that I could share how it was going with everyone. I also managed to get started on a cool joystick hack for my speccy (allowing it to have an additional 2 ports that can use standards Miggy joysticks/ joypads). A simple little job made even easier with Zetro's rather comprehensive instructions. I also found out how light guns work, something I have to admit to having been ignorant but curious about for years.
I replaced my 600's dodgy keyboard, set up the CF Hard drive with Classic WB 68k correctly installed (after only 2 attempts!) and installed FAT95 and the Compact Flash drivers in only 30 mins! I had set the 608 upto its maximum of 8mb but on reflection realised I didn't need all that, and a PCMICIA slot can be dead handy occasionally.
I also repaired a Casio keyboard that had mysteriously materialised in my house and started to work through some scales, with the earnest intention of one day being able to play 3 blind mice before my wife caves in my skull with a heavy implement. I've always admired the musically gifted, particularly as I have the talent of a baboon's rump.
I know it's not perhaps the busiest week of my life but, for me, it's been one of the nicest. A leisurely stroll through retro park, stopping for the odd hackery flavoured ice cream along the way. Sweet. :D
Tomorrow I'm taking the family to a theme park for my little boy's birthday. There will be camping in torrential rain, overdoses of excitement, sugar and E numbers, leaky roofs, cars stuck in the mud, poorly cooked food, massive cash layout on plasticky rubbish, frayed tempers and tears at bedtime. Bliss. :wink:
So for now, I'm enjoying a cheeky glass of red and basking in the CRT glow of a few jobs well done.
Happy Days. :mrgreen:

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Re: Feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I know that feeling well - that's about the only time I get to strip my Amigas down and really play with them :drool:

And as for shaving - that's one F*****G job I detest and never shave unless I have too :nod:

Dave G 8)

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire

I dream of a week like that... I have your same detest of buying things and not finishing the project, but they plague me. Worst one is minimig...

Congrats :D

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

@r0jaws

as the words of our dear juvvie would say..... JAwesome :D

you deserve a good break my friend, and its even better to see you enjoy it :D (y) (y) (y) (y) :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

AmigaNut08

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria

Yes those days when no one is around to nag and distract you are the best. My son has a knack of knowing when its the most inappropriate time to come and nag me. :nono:
And as for shaving. I wish there was a magic cream that rids that hair that grows on our face for good. (y)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

AmigaNut08 said:
And as for shaving. I wish there was a magic cream that rids that hair that grows on our face for good. (y)

IT's called Immac isn't it ?????
And Girlies use it................... :woot:

TC 8)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

TheCorfiot said:
AmigaNut08 said:

IT's called Immac isn't it ?????
And Girlies use it................... :woot:

TC 8)

^what he said

for a more permanent solution you could try electrolosis :twisted:

JuvUK

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

From feeling good about yourself all the way down to electrolysis and pain. How do threads degenerate so quickly?

:)

@r0jaws

I'm very glad you've had such a wonderful week! My roommate is gone for a couple weeks so I may get to have some nice, quiet time to work on some of my projects as well.

Ciao!

Heather

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

yo Phillypoos

are you chillaxing and having a jawsome time?

:thumbsup2:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Nice poetry r0jaws.

@ JuvUK

I 'spect he is. Friday night is Curry time @ Zeets place innit. :shhh:

Kin

gazcbm

10 PRINT "8 Bit Hero"
Country
UK
Region
Manchester, UK

Yeah those days are special!! Dont happen all too often though :sigh:

Curry days however.... :twisted:

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

AmigaNut08 said:

Who said anything about shaving faces :woot:

Dave G 8)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

davideo said:
<snip>

Who said anything about shaving faces :woot: