Finally it's back with a remake!

commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
Eh. Putting aside that I think FFVII is overrated, this isn't the Square that made good FF games anymore. This is the clownhouse that inflicted FFXIII on the world. That's not going to end well.

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Can't wait to see Cloud cross-dressed in all of his hd glory! :D

Last edited:

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Are they going to alter the game at all? I don't see the point in this if they don't as unless you didn't play it the first time you know exactly what happens all the way through it.

stephenfalken

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Finally it's back with a remake!

I have mixed feelings about this.

I adore the original and bought it on multiple formats and still play through it every once in a while.

The problem is I don't think they will be able to make this while keeping everyone happy, since it seems that everyone has differing opinions on what should go into it!

I myself would love to see it made as a 1:1 copy but with HD sound and video, making no changes to the story, characters or most importantly the combat system.

I have seen some people begging that they keep Aerith alive, make it real time combat and change the story somewhat.

Sure nobody ever has to like the same things, but with a high profile and legendary title like this, I wonder if they can please over half of the people that have been demanding this!

Obviously I hope they do and that it's a great success ... Time will tell!

Regards

Last edited:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I also have mixed feeling if they are going to alter the actual story. Also I really wouldn't be happy if they mess around with the combat system. The best FF combat is turn based. I really didn't like the real-time combat of the later games and always much prefer a turn based approach, or the realtime style combat where you can pause action to issue commands.

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
I don't mind the some story changes here and there, but if they change the combat system to that of the recent FF games... I'm going to be sad.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
As long as they keep Chocobo breeding and racing that's the main thing! :LOL:

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Really they can't win with this they should just leave it alone. Play the original if that's the game you want to play or play something else if you want changes, maybe they could expand the game with a follow up set in the same world with the same characters. Sephiroth could have been ressurected by some cult or something alone those lines to keep the familiarity fans obviously want, anything is possible!

stephenfalken

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Now, an exact copy but with ADDED extra and side missions to expand on the existing story lines would work for me.

If they make it a completely different game using the same characters and locations, I wouldn't call it a remake and wouldn't be interested.

Actually I'm gonna go play some classic FF7 on my JXD !

Regards

Top Bottom