Firebird Prometheus Network and USB issues

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
So I’ve recently acquired a Firebird A4000D Daughterboard. I have managed to get the Voodoo3 card working with the latest Icomp released P96.

The person I’ve bought this off has supplied me with all the drivers. As for the Network and USB issues.

For the network I am using Roadshow for the IP stack. On implementing the openpci RTL8139 device driver I get an error about the card_init having an error with not getting 144kb of DMA memory.

For the USB side, I’ve installed posiedon 4.5 and then installed Arackattack with both posiedon USB and then tried OpenPCI USB. Using trident this will NOt initialise the USB card.

I’m using openpci.library version 2.1 and Prometheus.library version 3.1

Anyone else had these issues?

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
So everything appears to be working now. Network (Starts off slow with packet drops then evens out). USB now starting in Posiedon 4.5. But now the system appears to be unstable. For example before setting up the DMA in the monitor tooltypes the system with Cyberstorm ppc/060 was rock solid stable for hours copying and extracting files. Now after extracting 1 file over the system rebooted and lost its RTG on startup. Is there something I’m missing here? Have StackAttack and SpeedRamsey running. Which was already on before. OS 3.2.2.1 with ROM 3.2.2 (47.111).

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
So everything appears to be working now. Network (Starts off slow with packet drops then evens out). USB now starting in Posiedon 4.5. But now the system appears to be unstable. For example before setting up the DMA in the monitor tooltypes the system with Cyberstorm ppc/060 was rock solid stable for hours copying and extracting files. Now after extracting 1 file over the system rebooted and lost its RTG on startup. Is there something I’m missing here? Have StackAttack and SpeedRamsey running. Which was already on before. OS 3.2.2.1 with ROM 3.2.2 (47.111).
Okay update time.

🤞🏻I’ve now seemingly got things working. For some reason (Must have changed something?) was getting Guru software failure with the USB driver. With the Suspend and Reboot options. Removed the OPENPCIUSB driver from Devs:USBHardware and re-ran Arrakattack to install the posiedonUSB one instead. Which now gives me 3 USB ports instead of the 1.
Also ended up setting stackattack with a MIN=32400. As I’m using MUI 3.9 was getting the POPO MUI stacks too low message on startup. In Env-Archive changed the PCI network config file to use 100/full-duplex (Setting 4).

So far Internet is working but a lot slower than I would expect. Not yet tried plugging anything into the USB ports.

Is there any proper guides out there for Firebird (Prometheus) setups? As I’ve had to play this like a Jigsaw puzzle.. 🙄 By filling in the missing pieces to get this working.

Top Bottom