Fixing a RROD Xbox from ebay?

darkage

AmiBayer
Country
Victoria, Australia
Quick question.

Is it worth the risk buying an RROD xbox 360 from ebay? I dont really care about online playing so if its locked out of xbox live doesnt matter. Theres just one or two games I want to play on the xbox.

I think I can get a $50 AUD xbox from ebay, and from what I've read its normally heatsink/thermal grease issues or the joints need to be reflowed from areas of major components.

I've been looking at one online that has the error code that matches issues with possible dry solder joints in the GPU area. error code - e74 1022.

There are some with the error code for overheating, but I prefer to keep away from heat issue related ones.

Im tempted to buy the e74 1022 one and go through the joints with my smd rework station.

Just wondering if this had a good chance of success or not.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Our good friend "chief trouble maker" JUVUK made an entire thread about how to fix XBOX RROD.

Search for it and be glad!:)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
just check it's a RROD machine that hasn't been opened, if it has been opened before avoid it like the plaque m8

darkage

AmiBayer
Country
Victoria, Australia
just check it's a RROD machine that hasn't been opened, if it has been opened before avoid it like the plaque m8

haha okay maybe it wasnt a good idea after all. The ebay auctions seem to be from the type of ppl that are technical enough to do this type of work. I was half way on the fence thinking should I try its cheap enough not really a loss or err what happens if these guys are just passing the buck and couldnt deal it with themselves.

Top Bottom