Not open for further replies.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Sent this to Mr Darling this AM (UK Chancellor of the Exchequer)

Dear Mr. Darling,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Britain's economy.
Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. - Pay them
£1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following
stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new British
CAR. Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They must send there kids to school / college /university - Crime rate fixed

5) Buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco a week there's your money back in duty / tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back there falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

What do you reckon ???

TC :ROTFLOL2:  

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Re: Fixing the British Economy

I also find it funny that they are trying to bail out huge corporations that are just going to waste the money. Let them fail! Someone will pick up the slack.

This is just my simple, naive point of view.

:D

Heather

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Bah @ Politics & fek the Banks! These gits have ripping us off for decades! :bs:

Kin

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

SkydivinGirl said:
I also find it funny that they are trying to bail out huge corporations that are just going to waste the money. Let them fail! Someone will pick up the slack.

Actually Heather you are not Alone in your thoughts :wink:

TC :mrgreen:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ TC & SdG

Problem is, whilst picking up the slack, some one some where will be paying for it!

Kin

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Kin Hell said:
Problem is, whilst picking up the slack, some one some where will be paying for it!

And we are all not paying for it now... :nod:

TC :mrgreen:

AndyC

AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Fife

Let them fail! Someone will pick up the slack.

Yes, probably the facists...

Consider that if the banks were to fail, you'd be looking at horrific unemployment, not just in the financial sector, but the many different sectors that depend on bank funding for survival (car industry for example). This is a worldwide problem

The impact of global unemployment of that magnitude could spill into significant social unrest, poverty and deprivation. Governments could be rendered bankrupt. There's even the prospect of wars breaking out (unthinkable I know, but entirely possible...)

Bailing out the banks is the only option.

Having said that, I'd be looking to bring criminal charges against the fat cats responsible for this mess. And if there isn't a law now, I'd be legislating to ensure there was one if it ever happened again. The people accountable for this mess need to answer for their mistakes...

AndyC

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Good comments AndyC. I recall Riots in the streets for Poll Tax only a few years ago! - War would be the next stage!
And as we have recently seen with so many Banks, One Fat Cat gets asked to leave, takes a massively huge Pension in the process & all the cronies that endorsed his ideas & went along with it in the board meetings to line thier own bonus filled pockets,...still have a job! - I dunno how people like that sleep at night, but better them than me, that's for sure! :wink:

Kin

AndyC

AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Fife

I have the misfortune of working for one of the big banks...

No bonus for me this year (or next by the looks of it! - that is if i have a job next year!)

In fairness, most of the guys responsible have had their marching orders, and have lost shed loads of money, but that's neither here nor there as they were earning megabucks in the run up anyway...

I still think there should be a proper public enquiry and action taken against those responsible...

AndyC

silverf0x0

AmiBayer
Country
Italy
Region
Lazio, LT

What can I say....I can understand how you feel guys.
Right now it's very hard to explain the situation, many variables are involved (on how this world is going, and I don't refer to the economic crise only...).
Confusion is reaching any points of this world...
To all the words that I had heard or read from any major source of information, what I can say is that they are all lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies.
Any person who have invested (and still do) in the capital market with a brain-on would feel the same.
I have many questions that still are not been answered, and I don't know how to make all people happy or resolve all of their problems; so I'm not in a position to move accuses against somebody.
Punish "people" who are involved and are responsible for how the world is going, sure is a act of justice.
Enstamblish a new world order, make a revolution, may give short periods of peace, but those "people" eventually will came again.
This is history.

(As always I apologize for my bad english)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

silverf0x0 said:
....Establish a new world order, make a revolution, may give short periods of peace, but those "people" eventually will came again.
This is history.

Its a good point. Sod it, lets drop the buckets of sunshine and start again with cockroaches. :wink:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Cock-roaches or not, summat's gotta give!

Ban Religeon & lets start afresh, ....but coinsider Science, not bs belief!

If science doubts Religeon, call a truce & ask the 6.77 billion on Earth what they want for a change!

Not the money Grubbing Bandits in our aparently so "Upper Class" society where the Sun shines from quite clearly & extremely, obvious orifices! :flamethrower: - "The Fux0rZ!"

Kin

Huggies

Yo mama.
AmiBayer
Country
Australia.
Region
Brisbane, Queensland.

Greed is a bastard of a thing :pissed: .

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

I dont see the humor in politics. Much too serious to make fun off:):)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

arnljot said:
I dont see the humor in politics. Much too serious to make fun off:):)

The UK government don't seem to think that. Look at the average commons debates on TV with the different parties making snide comments at each other all day and the rest of the back benchers laughing and heckling them. I personally think they should be stopped from doing that and actually have serious reasoned debates and earn their money doing what we elected them to do.

And Brown should be removed from power ASAP. He isn't PM material. No charisma, no people skills, and a handful of ticks and mad mannerisms. I suppose though that a financial mind like his did come into power just at the right moment as the world economy collapsed. Or was he part of the problem to begin with?

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

I think Arnljot was taking the piss Harrison! :wink:

But I would agree with you about the manner in which they heckle & debate. Then again, that attitude happens in school yards, so no suprise there really! :nuts:

Kin

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Kin Hell said:
I think Arnljot was taking the p*ss Harrison! :wink:

100% helt og fullstending rett
100% totally and completely right