Flickerfixer not required on LCD display?

ptp170

R Tape loading error, 0:1
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Devon
Just changed my WB settings to Hires/Laced to find I have a perfectly steady picture via the video out socket to my LG LCD TV...

Is this normal? Was expecting it to flicker away like mad!

Chris

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

EDIT: Should have said this is on a standard A1200...

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Just changed my WB settings to Hires/Laced to find I have a perfectly steady picture via the video out socket to my LG LCD TV...

Is this normal? Was expecting it to flicker away like mad!

Chris

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

EDIT: Should have said this is on a standard A1200...

Yep, some TV's can display the High res modes without a flicker fixer, LG's & Toshiba's are two of the better ones (y)

I havea little non HD JVC LCD and its awesome for the Amiga's :cool:

ptp170

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Devon
Ahhh. Good news then!! Would this be true also if I sourced an RGB>VGA adaptor and fed that to the LG?? Or is it only a video source that it displays correctly??

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
As far as I know, the Toshiba can fix the flicker on the RGB input, too.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Ahhh. Good news then!! Would this be true also if I sourced an RGB>VGA adaptor and fed that to the LG?? Or is it only a video source that it displays correctly??

Scart will be fine but I don't think you'll have any luck with RGB-VGA, you can try and see but chances are it'll be 'out of range' however one of my LCD's my HD JVC in the bedroom, that accepts RGB-VGA :) (But does not like high res modes or scart)

So I guess its a bit hit and miss...

Steve.

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
if you do try the vga don`t forget to copy the vgaonly driver to your monitors draw

ptp170

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Devon

Scart will be fine but I don't think you'll have any luck with RGB-VGA, you can try and see but chances are it'll be 'out of range' however one of my LCD's my HD JVC in the bedroom, that accepts RGB-VGA :) (But does not like high res modes or scart)

So I guess its a bit hit and miss...

Steve.

Noted (y) I'll go down the SCART route I think...and I'll also remember to check the voltages at the RGB port as Megatron-UK discovered in this thread (https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=8964 ) :bowdown:

Top Bottom