Former CompuNet UK user SD7, now living in Texas

SteveDay

Country
United States
Region
Spring, Texas
Hi,

I'm a former CompuNet UK user (handle# SD7). I grew up in London, UK, and taught myself 6502 assembly language programming in my early teens.

I used to write demos under the name "Steve", sometimes with CNet handle "SD7" included. I was a member of the NATO group before dropping out of the demo scene and turning my interest to weightlifting and "****ing it up on the weekends".

In 2000 I was visiting my gf in Texas, I got very sick with mononucleosis and then got married. I've been a "legal permanent resident" since 2002 and am just applying for my citizenship.

The mono ended up being the onset of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which has left me unable to work due to constant pain and tiredness/fatigue.

We're still married - though she travels all over North America for work. I spend my days with my 10 cats, 1 dog and 2 house bunnies - one of which is almost 11 years old.

Last November I bought an original C64 breadbin, complete with 1541, software and a joystick for $5+S/H. It needed a new CIA and ROM chip to get going, plus I resoldered the entire board, re-did the almost empty vias, fitted heatsinks and found out it was a rare model 326298 Rev A with a factory fitted/modded 8-pin A/V jack.

I'm looking for a C64c case (screw type, not plastic latch) with the forward facing petscii symbol keyboard (as opposed to the later ones, where everything was printed on the key top). I already have a C64-E board from Germany to put in it.

I'd like to do some more demo coding and finally write a working sprite multiplexer - something I was working on before dropping out of the commodore scene.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to AmiBay! I'd love to have 10 cats, but then I'd definitely be the crazy cat lady. For now, I keep a low profile by only having two. :)

Heather

Paradroid90

C64 Junkie
AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Chatham Kent
Welcome Steve, and it is great to see another C64 Junkie on the forum :) (As we speak I am listening to Matt Gray's Preview Tracks for his Kickstarter project via sound cloud :) )

I will have to look up your handle on CSDB to see some of the demo work you did back in the day :) Enjoy your stay on Amibay as it is a great community :)

SteveDay

Country
United States
Region
Spring, Texas
Welcome Steve, and it is great to see another C64 Junkie on the forum :) (As we speak I am listening to Matt Gray's Preview Tracks for his Kickstarter project via sound cloud :) )

I will have to look up your handle on CSDB to see some of the demo work you did back in the day :) Enjoy your stay on Amibay as it is a great community :)
Thank you.

I'll have to look up that Matt Gray kickstarter.

I think the main thing that has gotten me back into the C64 is having Rob Hubbard music rattling around in my head. Once that's started, the only way to stop it is to fire up a SID player on my Android phone and get my "fix".

PS: Oh, be warned about my old demos - I was a foul mouthed little sod!

Last edited:

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Wow! You have a big heart. The only thing you need to be careful about when taking in so many animals is keeping them healthy. I really hope they all have happy lives. :)

Heather

Top Bottom