illy5603

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
USA
Region
California
Hello,

I am in need of an accelerator card, more for RAM expansion than for speed. I run a BBS which processes all uploads in RAM and some of the larger ones are hanging my poor 10 MB system. The Microbotics M1230XA series seems nice, but I would consider anything that can work in a standard A1200 case. I would like to get in the 64-128 MB range as far as memory goes. Must support all memory while ethernet PCMCIA card is installed (I.E. Maps memory in a different Hex location than the PCMCIA slot).

you can visit the bbs via telnet at spatulacity.servebbs.org

Please help one of the few remaining Amiga run BBS systems stay in operation!

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Re: A1200 Accelerator with lots of RAM needed for /X BBS

Yeah, the Microbotics 1230XA is an excellent accelerator with the support for 128Mb RAM. I'm still regretting when I sold mine (...with 128Mb).

Other option is the Blizzard series with the SCSI kit. up to 128Mb on the card (hard to fit and not much reliable contact, 64Mb single-sided is better) plus another 128Mb on the kit. Hardly you'll run out of memory on it... :wink:

illy5603

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
USA
Region
California

Wow, I just found a Microbotics 1230XA - 50 MHZ / 128 megs with a buy it now for a great price on you know where. Just what the doctor ordered! I will post more when I get it installed! Perfect really as I am sticking with OS 3.1

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

Great news! Since it appears you found what you needed, I've updated the title and locked the thread. Please let me know via PM is you would like it unlocked for any reason. Also, start a new thread in the Photo Booth or General sections to let everyone see how it works out!

:thanks:

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom