Not open for further replies.

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Hello everyone, I'm back looking for retro Amiga hardware again... This time, I'm looking for an A600, because I like the look with the smaller size versus the A1200. If anyone is interested in selling one, Please let me know. I unfortunately will need either a power supply with it, if possible, or assistance in modifying an at/atx power supply. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Nathan

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Re: Another looking to buy an A600

Hi Nathan!

Good to see more people in the U.S. posting. I'm also looking for one but they seem kinda rare here in the States. I hope you are able to find one! If I find more than one, I'll let you know.

Take care,

Heather

shem

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Machester

why is it that everyone is looking for A600 I much prefer the A500 or the 1200 but there is no keypad on the 600

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

Well, I don't need a keypad really, and I like the small form factor design of the A600. I've wanted one since I started playing with Amiga computers again. They just seem to be uncommon in the US. I saw one on EBay, but seller wouldn't ship to the US. Amigakit had a motherboard, but I didn't jump on it when I should have. I'm kicking myself now though..

Nathan

shem

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Machester

well i suppose it has got an pcmcia port and yes i guess you wont see many in the US as they were released in europe it was one of those bad decisions made by commodore you see at that time there A500+ was selling very well but comodore wanted to save 10 dollars per machine and decided to release the 600 they just about got the cost of development back when they decided to release the 1200 they lost direction by that time and confused the general public as most people didnt buy any machines because they wanted to see what gets released next on top of that pc's were finally getting cd roms and soundcards then before you knew it commodore went bust

zimgr5

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
now Germany

shem said:
why is it that everyone is looking for A600 I much prefer the A500 or the 1200 but there is no keypad on the 600

- IDE connector
- smaller size
- 1MB ram chip
- PCMCIA
- ECS
:mrgreen:

shem

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Machester

yes yes yes I am aware of the A600 spec but if you want ide pcmcia etc you might as well go for the 1200 it was a rhetorical question :D

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

I would like to get one because they are cute! :)

I actually want it more because I don't have one than for any other reason. I also think it is a neat design and will be fun to play with but there's no technical reason for me to get one. It is also the only All-in-One (non big box) Amiga that I don't have at this point.

Heather

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

I agree with Heather on this: the A600 is a nightmare to expand, it is severely limited (no AGA, no expanded keyboard, etc). But is cute.

My personal one is a PAL unit, 4Mb PCMCIA RAM (better than nothing), ROM 3.1, 2Gb HD. But I really love it. If my coffin will have pockets (or drawers, for that matter) I will take it with me. :)

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Found! An A600HD with tons of add ons.

Found! An A600HD with tons of add ons.

I found an A600HD from an estate sale online, and managed to win the auction. I am very happy ti finally have found one, even if it was off of evilbay. I guess this thread can be closed by the amdins?

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Thanks for the update,