Found my A600

Megamix

Country
UK
Region
St.Helens
was chatting to a mate I had not seen in years (16 or 17) we went on about the old times, and the time I sold him my Amiga A600 to buy a A1200, he said Ive still got that under the bed I think.

Well yesterday he turned up with it still boxed and in VGC, its not been switch on for years he said, So i set it all up I could here the HD but it failed to boot but after about 5 or 6 resets it booted up, had a Checksum error but booted.
I now have my original A600 back up and sort of running just needs a HD, I`ve got a smile from ear to ear(y)

:bounceBoingBall:

Buzzfuzz

Amiga tweaker
AmiBayer
Country
Netherlands
Region
Zuid Holland
was chatting to a mate I had not seen in years (16 or 17) we went on about the old times, and the time I sold him my Amiga A600 to buy a A1200, he said Ive still got that under the bed I think.

Well yesterday he turned up with it still boxed and in VGC, its not been switch on for years he said, So i set it all up I could here the HD but it failed to boot but after about 5 or 6 resets it booted up, had a Checksum error but booted.
I now have my original A600 back up and sort of running just needs a HD, I`ve got a smile from ear to ear(y)

:bounceBoingBall:

Wow, that is pretty awesome to find your own A600 again.
I never had an A600 untill today, I also picked up one.
I'd say forget the harddrive and get one of these from Vesalia:
http://www.vesalia.de/e_cfide4044adapter.htm
cfide4044adapter.jpg

and a Sandisk 4 or 8GB card
Or a CF kit from Amigakit and EasyADF transfer kit:
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_79&products_id=883
compact_flash_hard_drive.JPG

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=440

amiga-pcmcia-compact-flash.jpg

If you order these 2 you also have a bridge between your Amiga 600 and PC, so transferring WHDload games becomes easy.
Only thing is, you would need an additional CF card for transfer.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
If your old A600 is equipped with an A601, remember to sack out the battery before it leaks over the expansion memory.

I can bet good money that your old HD is good, just replace the capacitors on the motherboard and it will be good as new.

Buzzfuzz

Amiga tweaker
AmiBayer
Country
Netherlands
Region
Zuid Holland
If your old A600 is equipped with an A601, remember to sack out the battery before it leaks over the expansion memory.

I can bet good money that your old HD is good, just replace the capacitors on the motherboard and it will be good as new.

Good one (y), I'll have a look at mine.
Check, no battery.

Could also be the caps in the powersupply, yesterday I ripped my old Zalman ATX PSU open and one of the caps near the 12 volt Transistor block and one of the ring core transformers had completly blown it.
It's :ninja: black on that spot.

Megamix

Country
UK
Region
St.Helens

Barttery I can do, Caps is another thing altogether:unsure:
Thanks for the info.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Awesome news that you have your original A600 back (y)

I wish I could find some of my old computers/consoles.

Well done mate.

Megamix

Country
UK
Region
St.Helens
Awesome news that you have your original A600 back (y)

I wish I could find some of my old computers/consoles.

Well done mate.

Cheers Steve, looks like I`ll have a spare A1200 to trade/sell on now.(y)
Will check eveything out on the A600 over the weekend, try and salvage the HD give it a format, i can see some gaming nights coming up, now where is my sensible soccer.:roll:

Geoff

Top Bottom