Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
For Sale,
Gigabyte GA-7N400S motherboard with mystery CPU mounted.
GigabyteMobo.jpg

Intel Entry Server Board SE7221BK1-E with backplate and Installation CD ROM.
IntelMobo.jpg

Both boards were working fine when removed, but haven't been tested recently as I don't have the components to fully test both. If they do have any problems, I will happily issue a no quibble refund.
I'm looking for £8 each plus P&P

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Re: FS: 2x Motherboards (untested)

@SS

Okay, I'm going to be a little tough enforcing he rules here as there have been so many threads in recent weeks left to graze due to this kind of interest declaration.
The whole Moderation team is getting bombarded by members asking what they can & should do.
I must point out that these PM's have NOT involved Scrappysphinx but this Post today has triggered me to take action and ask all Mods to tighten the moderation of ALL threads regarding this type of behaviour.

From the rules

Make sure you can afford an item before posting
This may sound silly, but please make sure you have sufficient funds before putting in an offer to purchase an item. If you try to buy an item and cannot afford it then AmiBay may take action for time wasting and site disruption.

Now with greatest respect Mike you know what you are getting paid Friday so what difference would it make. Declaring interest whilst having a few day's to think about it is not really fairplay and I feel borders on abusing the first come first served basis which Amibay uses as well as turning away members who do want to buy the item that the seller want's to sell asap.

This is not to be taken personally it's something that will be tightened up throughout the site, from All Members to All Staff.
It's unfortunate that you were the first to post this today.

So just to clarify SS's post above is not being viewed as declaring interest.

TC 8)

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham

@TC, in repsonse to your above post, yes i do know what i'm being paid on Friday and unfortunately i know it's not a great deal but i manage to get by.

I am due to recieve the majority of my monthly bills this week and was waiting for them to arrive so i can work out finances are left over.

I also have a 10 month old daughter who is growing so fast i have to buy new clothes on a weekly basis and the second baby thats due in in a few months means cash is very tight (but i may be able to spare a small amount).

As for declaring interest then yes i declared interested depending on finances (and nobody can guarantee what will happen over the next few days) but as i am and always have been a fair guy then i would have gladly stepped aside should someone post wanting the item with readily available cash.

I thank phil for being willing to wait but unfortunately i am now pulling out interest in the items and i may re-declare interest if cash is available and nobody else has on Friday if cash is available.

Mike

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Mike

I have asked you NOT to take this personally, If GOD himself had entered the same post then my reaction and reply would have been the same..

You are a good friend and your reputation is in NO doubt I have not slurred that whatsoever in my post above.
You are indeed a superb member which sets very high standards for others to follow but not using this practice.
You also know that when someone declares interest no one else is able to come in and purchase the goods...simple.

This is something that has been creeping in slowly by other members over the last month or so and has now reached a head. It needs tightening up and the rules applied...
I have asked the entire moderation team to step up and be firmer with this issue thoughout the site including ALL Members AND Staff too.
As Senior Moderator I have to take stands like this when I feel that things are getting out of control regarding the sites principles getting out of hand.

My post was not inviting an argument and I think we should now just let the water go under the bridge...

TC 8)

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham

TC, I understand that you were not having a go at me personally, i just simply pointed out my reasoning but rules are rules and must be followed. I apologise for not following them correctly.
I have no wish to argue with you as i actually hold you as a very good friend. :grouphug:

Mike

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

scrappysphinx said:
I have no wish to argue with you as i actually hold you as a very good friend. :grouphug:

Mike

And you know I feel the same too Mike... :grouphug:

Best Wishes
TC :wink:

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

*eep!* What have I started? :Doh:

@all, no problems at all with what's been said.
These mobos are both still available if anyone is interested. I will endeavour to post any items after pay day in future. :whistle:

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham

sold some other stuff on ebay to be able to afford this.

pm sent regarding the gigabytem mobo.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

Scrappy has withdrawn interest in the Gigabyte mobo, so both of these are still available if anyone is interested. Now with a price drop too. :D

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Interested in the Gigabyte board if the postage costs don't kill the deal.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

I don't think it's going to be financially feasible I'm afraid, the cheapest quotes are in the region of £40!! Sorry. :cry:

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

@r0jaws

if rkauer is interested we could combine a shipment to bannan land...

the box I have would easly accomodate the motherboard etc, and prolly a little more too!

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

I've got no problem with that, as long as rkauer is good with it, cheers buddy. :thanks:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

The only problem I see is when the package bumps on the banana-land customs! :woot: :run: :whistleblower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom