Gamecube Games?

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Some of the game do really hold up well even today. For example Star Wars - Rogue Leaderes is so dammm impressive as it is like you being in film but the only different is You are controlling them :)

Then there is

F ZERO
Resident Evil 0, 4

Thanks to Compress Graphics that make Gamecube graphics sharp is it.

DojoDan

Blogger
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
Rogue Leaders was awesome when I first saw it. My favourite GC game is actually the first Burnout. It was a game my Dad liked the look of when we were just browsing PC World one day and he was like, I'll buy it for you, just there and then. So it's a good memory for me. Shame I don't have that original copy now.

User4703

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
UK
Region
Newcastle
Playing GC games through the Dolphin emulator show some beautiful upscaling:

guesswhicho6lk.jpg

stallion-metroidother6vuv9.jpg

stallion-residentevil4cux0.jpg

6n0MO.jpg

VTVTY.jpg

They hold up really well compared to modern generation consoles and you have to wonder why Nintendo chose to go the route it did when this is such a simple fix...

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
It seem ok to emulator the game if you have dont have space to store Physically games on shelf.

You just cant beat the real things with real machine front of you like Gamecube with controller in your hand and when your friends say what is that. I say it is gamecube that showing cool graphics of resident evil as I bet their reactions would be wow or amazed that he/she never seen or heard before!

Arnie

Country
UK
Region
Leicester
To use Dolphin your Graphics Card needs to support DX10 (that's the message I get)

Last edited:

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
It seem ok to emulator the game if you have dont have space to store Physically games on shelf.

You just cant beat the real things with real machine front of you like Gamecube with controller in your hand and when your friends say what is that. I say it is gamecube that showing cool graphics of resident evil as I bet their reactions would be wow or amazed that he/she never seen or heard before!

the reason why I am buying a Z64 backup , real N64,,, sure I can emulate 1080p N64 with more detailed textures..... maybe i'm just old... I prefer the real Hardware.

User4703

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
UK
Region
Newcastle
Hardware is always going to have that authentic feel and vibe but when you see what some of these emulators can do to pretty up old titles its pretty amazing.

owen2471

Country
england
Region
Sandwell
Playing on real hardware is a great experience. Not always practical so we have to use emulation which I'm not a total fan of.

DojoDan

Blogger
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
Wow that upscaling looks fantastic. I don't emulate but I have just bought an everdrive for the Megadrive. I already have quite a lot of MD games and even tho the ED is on the original hardware, it just isn't like looking on the shelf what to play and picking up the real box. But that goes hand in hand with nostalgia I think as I dont think I'd feel like that with a machine I never had. I am looking at an ED for the NES and SNES at the mo. I did have some good SNES games a while back that I picked up at the car boot (Zelda, Super Metroid etc) and I just sold them because "Im not a Nintendo person". But now I really want to play Super Metroid again because I have Fusion on the GBA and it's awesome. The whole atmosphere of that game gives me shivers and I think just picking the actual cart off the shelf would complete the experience. Sorry bit off topic there :)

Top Bottom