Getting rid of Spyware?

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I cant seem get rid of Websearchs on unstalled on control panel because what I was doing was downloading Commander and conquer zero hour reborn born which turn out to be fake :roll:

I got rid of some virus thanks to Kaspersky :)

Bryce

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Nordrhein Westfalen
Have you tried running Spybot Search and Destroy? http://www.safer-networking.org/
Give it a go. You can de-install it after it cleaned up the drive.
Ad-Aware from Lavasoft is also quite good at this.

Bryce.

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I used be Malwarebytes owner until I switched to kaspersky :)

here the picture that may bug you. click the picture to see it!

ughhh.jpg

Not sure about Wincheck as I would get rid of that as well!

Last edited:

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
Must be the season .. I just started cleaning a load of crap off of my daughter's computer, wincheck being one of them. It had downloaded and installed about 10-15 pieces of garbage. Running Malwarebytes a couple times now but will probably boot from Kaspersky after I am done doing this initial clean-up. I would really enjoy a meeting with one of these "programmers" ... and wouldn't mind meeting some of these marketeers either :D

DojoDan

Blogger
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
If I remember rightly, since I haven't done removal for ages, but try booting into safe mode, download rkill, run it, then run malware bytes full scan, reboot into normal mode and run hijackthis, that'll show any remnants left over including any intrusion of iexplorer, register and hosts file. I would manual look at your hosts file afterwards anyway.

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I got rid of some crap and just one more to do! sigh!

ugh2.png

I would like to have google search instead of this above as you will see it when you click the picture....

hijackthis? that one is very good :)

Once that is done. I will try find 1TB Sasmung evo because great things about SSD Hard drive is that you clone to another SSD hard drive without having restalled them all like good old days lol(y)

hijackthis? That one is very good!

Last edited:

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
Same here, though I am considering making an image of her HD again, just so much faster than the whole spyware removal process

DojoDan

Blogger
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
I got rid of some crap and just one more to do! sigh!

View attachment 81969

I would like to have google search instead of this above as you will see it when you click the picture....

hijackthis? that one is very good :)

Once that is done. I will try find 1TB Sasmung evo because great things about SSD Hard drive is that you clone to another SSD hard drive without having restalled them all like good old days lol(y)

hijackthis? That one is very good!

hijackthis is an actual program used for removal > http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/ It basically scans the registry and other areas so you can see, for example, if the search service in Internet Explorer has changed, or their are entries in your windows hosts file. I wasn't pullin' your leg! rkill > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/ will kill off any dodgy processes such as malware processes so you can clean them, just incase the malware process is blocking the ability to run exe's or blocking the use of your anti-virus software. I've cleaned loads of machines at work and personal laptops loaded with malware etc this way. Anyway, glad it's sorted, it's god to know your machines to safe again!

Top Bottom