GODS game classic gets an overhauled 1080p Intro remake

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
Would you like to see a HD intro remake of the classic Amiga game 'GODS', in glorious 1080p detail? Yes well good, because here it is! The original 1991 Bitmap Brothers intro in HD detail, using 2D digital art by FRULILI, music remix by DAXX - daxx step 2 dub and game play clips by AL82.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2015/03/gods-game-gets-overhauled-1080p-intro.html

Clipboard02.jpg

Snoozy

Only Amiga makes it possible
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
I will never understand how this game got 90%+ reviews, I thought it was slow, clunky and annoying, and considered it more of a 60% game.

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I believe that some things in life (including some old favourite games) must be remain unchanged, and not update them with fancy graphics and sound, because it just ruins the history of gaming in general. There are numerous examples including Alien Breed series, Superfrog, Speedball 2 and others. Maybe they will be fun and delight the kids, but not me.

BLTCON0

Math inside
AmiBayer
Country
Hellas (Greece)
Region
Chania, Crete
^ Exactly
Gods was so good it made it unimportant that it was a straight ST port. The intro redesign attempt isn't altogether bad (except for the rather out of place 'gods' yell) but it doesn't create any atmosphere and frankly it's better seen as a restatement of why those games didn't need photorealistic graphics etc to shine.

@Snoozy
It was a 90% game dressed in 60% clothes.

Top Bottom