Going on holiday. What to do in and around Whitby?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
We decided to go to Yorkshire on holiday this year as we always go to Devon and Cornwall and fancied a change. I've been to York before years ago, but never to Scarborough or Whitby. What is there in the area to do? We have a 3 year old so it has to be family friendly.

We will be visiting the National Railway Museum in York as Tom is really into trains, but that's it so far.

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Go to Robin Hoods bay, 4 miles from Whitby. Its awesome for fossil hunting!
Look for the grey slate like rocks, they break in half easily and can contain fossils.
To find that rock, go to the bottom of the main street that leads to the beach. When you get to the beach tun right and walk along there, youll see it eventually:)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Thanks. We have similar soft rocks with fossils in near me. Great fun.

RichyV

A4000 lives once more! A1200 bits are going...
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
DRACULA!! :devil:

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
RIMMER: "Unfortunately it's the best that's available. If you can't get two weeks in the Caribbean then Grimsby Whitby is better than nothing."

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Thanks everyone. Definitely will be checking out railways and fish and chip shops.

I think Tom might be a bit young for Dracula though. :LOL:

RIMMER: "Unfortunately it's the best that's available. If you can't get two weeks in the Caribbean then Grimsby Whitby is better than nothing."

(y) Exactly. Is mentioned in a lot of reviews and magazine articles as one of the best places to visit in the North. We have exhausted Cornwall and Devon, camping in most locations along both the north and south coasts and exploring, so we thought we would start venturing north. Looking forward to it, and got a nice B&B in Whitby on the sea front.

Top Bottom