Gotek fitment inside an A500. How far back to allow top case fitment.

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
I have two Goteks's sitting around and its about time one of these was fitted inside an A500 plus I am tidying up. I absolutley do NOT want to cut any part of the amiga's case to make things fit.
Also noticed people talking about re-drilling the holes on the gotek itself, so I am wondering if anyone has hit on the best measurements for the new holes, so the whole thing screws in nice with the a500 top put pack on :)

I may just wing it but i want to get it right!

I do not want the gotek outside on a ribbon and have decided to not use the kmtech solution.

darkage

AmiBayer
Country
Victoria, Australia
I would probably strip off the plastic case and see if it has a more usable footprint that could fit better inside. Might have to hot glue some thin plastic sheeting on each side for insulation. Im currently waiting for my 1st Gotek so will check in the future.

robin-elvin

Country
UK
Region
Greater Manchester
I am about to do the exact same thing myself. Previously I had the Gotek inside the A500+ using some standoff nuts but the case didn't quite fit correctly. The problem, as you know, is that the Gotek fits perfectly inside the Amiga where the floppy drive used to be but the USB port and display are inaccessible.

The Gotek case is held on by 3 screws. Inside is just a PCB with a fly lead off to the display. It is thinner than the 3.5" drive footprint. I'll take a photo shortly.

robin-elvin

Country
UK
Region
Greater Manchester
48c9b873254cfd500133a8d64e7aba31.jpg
5de1c04f3e30529bd41aad1216a158fd.jpg

demolition

AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
Seeing as the buttons, display and the USB port can easily be extended if you know which end of a soldering iron becomes hot, there are many ways of integrating it into the chassis without cutting.

Top Bottom