Gotek with an A3000

Aysel

Country
England
Region
Mansfield
Just a quick one, has anyone had success fitting a Gotek to an A3000?

I was looking at the one Kevin Mount does on Ebay as its got the 40cm drive cable meaning I can fit it externally, I think the power connector will need a little modification.

Its a stock machine with 3640 and Kickstart 3.1

Aysel

Country
England
Region
Mansfield
I cant find anything on tinternet that says it will or wont work so I have ordered one and will report back :)

Fingers crossed... will save me buying a third Buddha :D

smf

Country
Sweden
Region
Växjö
Just buy an dremel and you can fit anything in there ;)

Aysel

Country
England
Region
Mansfield
Well after an evening of experimentation I'm delighted to announce... it was a waste of time :-(

I'm pretty sure its something to do with the 030, I installed it with the 3640 still in place and the power LED just pulsed and machine was trapped in a reset cycle.

Pulled the 3640 to drop back to standard 030 25 and it booted to selector menu but then randomly froze and reset. I reflashed it with FW 1.05 again and tried a selector ADF from a different source, still the same.

So rather than throw it on a shelf I wondered if it would hook up to the A1000 ok and it does... in fact its great. Floppy and power cables run out the gap between the side car RAM so no case damage at all. Then converted my 1.3 kickstart disk to an ADF image, added that to slot one on the Gotek and now it boots straight up to KS 1.3 without need of a floppy then runs all the ADF game images!

Perfect :D

P5220009.jpg P5220031.jpg

Top Bottom