Gotek's - Couple questions...

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
I have a pair of Gotek's here. Bought them within weeks of the news regarding Amiga conversion.

Now I want a couple more but noticed on the other bay, somebody selling updated versions?

So the real question is, can I still grab a Gotek and flash it with no hassle?

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
Just double checking these things are still ok to use. Seeing as the HxC firmware works on them etc.

Everything on the other bay look normal, the listing which says "updated version" had me confused thats all and they appear to be exactly the same as old?

BLTCON0

Math inside
AmiBayer
Country
Hellas (Greece)
Region
Chania, Crete
Maybe by "updated" they simply mean "flashed with the Amiga-specific firmware" ?
Granted, in that case the correct term would be "converted for Amiga use" and not "updated".

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
No the listing is for a bog standard, un-flashed Gotek. I have seen plenty of those pre-modded one's with fancy labels stuck on etc.

A google search threw up something regarding the Atari ST and having to mess about a bit...

I just dont want to go and buy a few and find they are no longer easy to flash. Judging by so far I am probably being paranoid and everything will be fine.

Last edited:

UberFreak

AmiBayer
Country
Israel
Did a quick Ebay search, didnt find anything with "updated" in it.
All I saw was the regular Gotek units from Chinese sellers, with original FW on them.

supaduper

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
west midlands
Just make sure you buy a good Serial to USB bridge to flash the Gotek and you will be fine even with Win8, you will have to solder some header pins to the Gotek for use with the Serial Bridge but again easy peasy :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom