Gotek's from Aliexpress - All created equal ?

darkage

AmiBayer
Country
Victoria, Australia
Hi All,

Just wondering if theres any catch22's with buying a Gotek Floppy Emulator drive ?

Thinking about purchasing a cheap one from Aliexpress, just wanted to check if they were all the same models and still work the same way.. ie. all can be reflashed with HxC's firmware. I guess all of them have STM32's onboard etc.

Looking at the cheapest ones with digit LED's.
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...ype=price_asc&shipCountry=au&SearchText=gotek

croupier

Country
Slovenia
Region
Koper
You can get them also on ebay... but need to search for 'floppy emulator' in order to get the cheap ones...

3 digits and SFR1M44-U100 in the code of the product name and you are on the safe side..

croupier

Country
Slovenia
Region
Koper
Should be OK....just play around with the search tool (changing the searching terms)...as some/majority of sellers are not selling them for computer (Amiga) use...

keitha

AmiBayer
Country
Scotland
Region
Midlothian
Watch out with the USB stick. Some don't work, and other's work great! But some are temperamental. Especially frustrating with the 'temperamental'.

darkage

AmiBayer
Country
Victoria, Australia
Watch out with the USB stick. Some don't work, and other's work great! But some are temperamental. Especially frustrating with the 'temperamental'.

Thanks that's a great tip.. I guess it depends on memory timing speeds etc.

Is there a particular link that most Amiga users grab theirs from. ? Might be wiser to get one from a proven seller.

Arnie

Country
UK
Region
Leicester
Not so much a proven seller approach but, I go for branded usb sticks. I use an Integral 32gb stick.

Nobby_UK

Country
England
Region
Liverpool, Lancs
All my SanDisk Cruzer Mini USBs work
and a 4 GB
Integral
and several Micro SD cards in min USB adapters

Top Bottom