Greetings everybody

BeelzebubUK

Country
UK
Region
Milton Keynes
I've been lurking on here for a few days now so thought I should say hello.

Been an Amigaphile since I had my 1st A500 which must have been nearly 20 years ago....totally blown away with the games and especially all of the tech and music demos. Got an A1200 with 20MB hard drive later on and then sold the lot (hangs head in shame)

Decided several years ago that I wanted to have another one to relive the good old days and every so often I end up buying more bits and pieces for it. Always like to keep it as a desktop though....can't stand the thought of towering it :)

So currently the spec is :

A1200 Rev 2B
Kickstart 3.1
2x 4GB Compact Flash HD
Blizzard 1230 MkIV 128MB + SCSI board
External SCSI CD-ROM
2x Zipsticks
2x External floppy drives
PCMCIA Network Card
PCMCIA Compact Flash adaptor

Now looking to get an Indivision AGA1200, Wireless PCMCIA card, SCSI DVD drive and get OS3.9 installed.

I'm still amazed at how good the online community is for the Amiga still. I think I spent about 18 months trying to find a shareware game called Mayhem and finally through perseverance and a bit of luck it was found (and the person who found it gratefully rewarded). Even had the original coder post on the thread :D and someone else attempted porting it to the PC.

Check it out if you've never played it before (needs 2-4 players) :

http://www.excedian.co.uk/Uploads/Mayhem.rar (3x Amiga disks and the PC port)

Anyway hopefully I can find what I want here and help out where I can.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I don't think you'll find a real SCSI DVD unit. All the units I see online are IDE devices attached to either a RDSC-21 or ACARD7720 SCSI-to-IDE bridge cards.

BTW, welcome to Amibay.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Another lurker. :LOL:

I have to admire your honesty & thank you for signing up.

Hope you have a great time here. (y)

All the best.

Kin

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Now looking to get an Indivision AGA1200, Wireless PCMCIA card, SCSI DVD drive and get OS3.9 installed.

For anything that you're missing, open up a wanted ad. Someone will hopefully sort you out then (y)

Welcome to Amibay.

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
Welcome to AmiBay! Nice, friendly place (even if you've been here a while).

P.S. The devil doesn't make people do things, he just provides opportunities that are way too difficult to pass up... :roll:

Top Bottom