Greetings from Australia

kuroneko

Country
Australia
Region
Sydney
Hi All,

I'm a IT professional who got his kickstart back in the 80s with an Microbee 32 IC :)

I was been dealing almost exclusively with Unix systems, PCs and Linux between the mid 90s and about 5 years ago. Have been a keen student of operating systems - the more different to our current mainstream, the better!

Thanks to my various side interests, the Arduino platform, the Microbee Premium Plus kits, Raspberry Pis and the inspiration of the Flashback Demo party in Sydney, I've have been dragging myself back into hardware related work (mostly simple design) and the 80s/90s micros.

It's so refreshing being able to understand a computer from top to bottom after so many years of having to hand-wave how something works due to the extreme complexity. :)

I mostly keep only a functional collection - I have no space to keep a museum of systems.

Mostly interested in m68k Amiga, and RiscOS systems. Dabbling a little with MorphOS. Got my original Microbee still, and one of the Premium Pluses which I've been playing with a bit recently.

Spread very thin over a lot of projects at the moment - as well as going to TAFE (for something completely unrelated to my current line of work), so I'll probably only be around sporadically.

Happy to share what knowledge I have, and look forward to hopefully helping share the micro love. :)

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
Welcome to amibay, you will now be spreading yourself even more thinly lots of projects here also :)

Top Bottom