Greetings from the coast of Washington State

Antipode

Country
United States
Region
Washington
Hi all! I have never owned or used an Amiga before, but since I was a teenager I've always wanted one. My Dad bought me a 16K TRS-80 Color Computer 2 in the 80s, and a few years ago I decided I would look for broken CoCos on EBay and fix them. After fixing a few dozen of them and reselling them on EBay I've started to look out for other machines of the era. A week ago I ran into a lonely A1000 that the seller said powers on, but everything but the main system is missing, so they weren't able to determine if it really works. It was being sold for under $500 (which is odd for Amigas on EBay) so I jumped on it.

So I cleaned it up, removed a bit of rust and now I have a rather good-looking A1000 system, minus keyboard, mouse and monitor. I hope to learn a lot about the Amiga!

Watson

Forth Year Navvie
Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Nottingham
Welcome to Amibay!

Is the Amiga 1000 working as far as you can test? :)

Antipode

Country
United States
Region
Washington
The power supply looks good, no bulging / leaking caps and puts out the right voltages. The board is clean except the DB23, DB25 and RCA jacks are rusted. RCA jacks have replacements on order, DB connectors are taking a bath in rust remover currently. This is my very first Amiga ever, so I don't have any Kickstart disks to start it off of. I do have a USB keyboard adapter on order as well, but it's coming from Germany so I don't expect to see it for a long while.
I guess if I really wanted to I could hook it up enough just to see if I get to the kickstart screen...

Top Bottom