Greetings!

Vyncynt

Country
USA
Region
Alabama
Hello everyone,
I have been an Amigan for quite some time and felt it was about time I joined AmiBay!

The 1980's
While a teenager in 1989, I has an Atari 800XL and got my first glimpse of a friend's A500 computer. After seeing the intro to Blood Money, I was sold.

The 1990's
I bought my first A500 computer and proceeded to expand it with a 512KB memory card, Impact A500 "shoebox" hard drive expansion, kickstart ROM switcher, and an external floppy drive. I later upgraded to a Series II expansion.

When the A1200 was released, I sold the A500 package, added an internal hard drive, and picked up a Microbotics 1200Z with 8 MB of RAM and a 68882 FPU @ 50 MHz.

Probably my most memorable addition was a GVP DSS8+ that I won in a raffle in Germany. The realtime sound DSP was awesome.

While stationed in Kaiserslautern, Germany, a few friends and I founded the Kaiserslautern Amiga Users Group (KAUG) in Kaiserslautern, Germany, in either 1992 or 1993. We met each week at the Vogelweh recreation center, watch Star Trek: TNG and Babylon 5, play pinball, etc... It was a lot of fun!

I still have my original A1200 and additional A1200 with an '030 recently given to me by a friend. Both are fully functional!

The 2000's
I picked up an A2000 package from Ebay sometime in the early 2000's. It came with a couple of extra motherboards, a Microbotics Hardframe SCSI controller, A2091 SCSI controller, and a SupraRAM with 2 MB populated. The motherboards were not functional, but I held on to them.

While cleaning out some storage space, I pulled out all of my Amiga equipment. The A1200's were perfectly functional, except the Microbotics 1200Z had failed. All of the A2000 batteries leaked on the motherboards. I recently ordered some sockets from Digikey. When they arrived, I removed the leaky batteries, cleaned up corrosion, and replaced a couple of resistors and capicators. I now have one fully functional A2000 with kickstart 1.3. That's a good start!

(y)

Top Bottom