fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
OMG Its out at midhight tonight! Anyone else going to be heading to their local game store at midnight?

I've been waiting for this game for soooooooooooooooooooo long :coffee:

coze

Commander
Country
Japan
Region
Tokyo
what is gt5 ? grand theft (auto) ?

btw, happy birthday ! :)

Hell_Labs

Banned
Country
England
Region
St.Helens, Lancashire
nope

Not a big fan of "driving simulators" where the cars all feel like bricks, and when you crash all it does is slow down. (n)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Bah. I like Forza, but Gran Turismo is true racers simulation (y)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Well I'm still buying the game :D

So if you don't see me posting for a few months you know where I'll be :ninja:

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
but or those that mean no new amiga pics/videos to watch :)

have fun :D

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I'm not going to lie, I lots a lot, I mean a lot of time to GT4, I think I'm at 90%+ completion :cool:

No PS2 to play it on these days but I still have memory card to one day do the 24hr Nurburgring race! And one day I will do it!

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
To be honest GT5 is notably different from prologue so nobody can judge if it's better then Forza 3 until its out.
Me? Well i'm a proper GT fanboi and im gutted that I can't get this since i'm too poor to afford a PS3. I've bought GT2, GT3, GTC, GT4P and GT4 on launch but this (other then GT5P) will be the first GT game il miss out on. :(

Santa, give me a PS3. :please:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
I must be honest, when the original Gran Turismo was released, there was just no other racing simulation to compare. When I go back to those earlier versions now, it's sloppy laggy crap tbh.

Anyways, anyone with a half decent Pee Cee & a nice steering wheel should try out Live For Speed. It's not a glossy game, but the physics is second to none if you want realism, but the learning curve is steep for those less inept at driving. :shhh:

@ Fitz

Is this GT5 for you on the PS3 m8?

Kin

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I absolutely love GT3 and GT4 on my PS2, but alas I don't own a PS3 so GT5 is out of the question, at least for the time-being. Maybe one day though... ;-)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I must be honest, when the original Gran Turismo was released, there was just no other racing simulation to compare. When I go back to those earlier versions now, it's sloppy laggy crap tbh.

Anyways, anyone with a half decent Pee Cee & a nice steering wheel should try out Live For Speed. It's not a glossy game, but the physics is second to none if you want realism, but the learning curve is steep for those less inept at driving. :shhh:

@ Fitz

Is this GT5 for you on the PS3 m8?

Kin

Hey Kinny, yep Gran Turismo 5 on PS3, its PS3 exclisive. Also asked Santa for the Logitech Steering Wheel (The GT5 special edition one) as that also works on PeeCee.

I'm a big driving game fan, in fact I'm a big driving/racing fan full stop. I've done some Go Karting and Offroad (4x4) driving and would have loved to have been a racing driver.

I'm going to be doing this at some point:

http://www.palmersport.com/

Its very expensive but you get the full day and drive 7 machines right up to a 1998 F1 car :cool:

I also have plans to take the MGF round Brand Hatch on an open Pit Lane day, I live a stones throw away but still haven't got round to it.

Maybe one day even do some amature racing:

http://www.classictouringcars.com/phpBB3/index.php

About £10k-£12k would get you a car, the kit and get you through a season, but alas until I've aquired my fortune these things are only dreams!

Back onto games, my fav driving games have been:

Test Drive Series
Hard Driving (loved the arcade as a kid many many 10p's went in that)
Gran Turismo's
Formula 1 (the PS1 versions from 1994/1995 - after that they sucked)
Colin McRae's Rally Games, including the Dirt Series

Top Bottom