GTA 5 PC ready to Pre-download on Steam

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204657218

Pre-loads via Rockstar Warehouse and Steam are now available. Please see below for information on how to start your preload:

• If you purchased the game from Rockstar Warehouse:
    • Check your email for two messages from the Rockstar Warehouse: one a link to the Social Club Activation page, and one with a Rockstar Activation Code. Please note that the email with the Rockstar Activation Code (called “Serial Number” in the Rockstar Warehouse email) may arrive a bit later than the one with the activation/download link, and this is normal. Also, the email with the code may say “the product that you pre-ordered is now available” but this just means that the preload period has begun. You can enter your code on the Social Club Activation page and download the GTAV PC Setup Tool, which begins pre-loading the game. The download will finish and then display a countdown timer for when the game will become playable on April 14, 2015. If you pre-ordered from the Rockstar Warehouse but did not receive two emails, one with your Rockstar Activation Code, please contact Rockstar Warehouse Support.
  • If you purchased the game from Steam:
    • Click the “PRE-LOAD” button in the Steam client (Library->Grand Theft Auto V) and begin downloading the game. Your Rockstar Activation Code will automatically be entered and used when you launch the game for the first time, so you do not need to enter it manually anywhere. Your game download will become playable on April 14, 2015. If you encounter any issues with your Steam preload or activation code, please contact Steam Support.
  • If you purchased the game from a different retailer:
    • Await instructions from your retailer on how to start your pre-load. You should receive an email that contains your activation code and information on how to download the game. If you have any questions or concerns about pre-loading from a retailer other than Rockstar Warehouse or Steam, please use the Customer Support channels for your retailer of choice.

9RsBork.png

Last edited:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Meh. Finished it and all the heists...

ShambleS1980

Softmodder/Tsoper/Repairer of old xboxes.
AmiBayer
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
well lets be fair now. the console versions arent going to be as good. so HA!

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I'm only kidding, I'll grab it on PC eventually. Good thing is they're enhancing the console version, presumably from PC development as we're getting better weather effects and such.

I just hope it runs better than the console to PC port of GTA4, that really sux.

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
I just hope it runs better than the console to PC port of GTA4, that really sux.
I'm pretty optimistic about that, Max Payne 3 PC was awesome.
I think they proved it runs smoothly showing the 60fps trailer, although they didn't exactly post the specs it was recorded on... :D

aZtOcKdOg

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
I've got my fingers crossed for 60FPS update on PS4 the frame stutter/strobe is pretty off putting (not that I've had time to play it lately anyways :/)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
they say its fine at 4K with

I was shown the game in 4K resolution running at 60fps. The PC Rockstar was demoing it on is outside the price range of most consumers, with an i7 5930k@3.50GHz, SLI GTX 980, 32GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD, but that’s just to show off how pretty it can look. Rockstar says that even average rigs won’t have a problem getting great 1080p performance out of the game, which is encouraging. Scalability is a priority for them.

http://www.pcgamer.com/why-gta-5-pc-is-the-definitive-version-of-rockstars-epic/

Last edited:

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
my cdkeys says its for rockstar social club so does that mean i cant play with steam users

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
John, gta uses social club to log your stats and you join crews through the social club too. I'm pretty sure you can join the Amibay crew but you won't be able to play cross platform. I'm seriously considering getting the PC version as well to play with you guys.

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
Thanks guys I joined the crew too but crossplatform thing is stupid not being able to play

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Thanks guys I joined the crew too but crossplatform thing is stupid not being able to play

I guess it's to do with PSN and XBLive being on totally separate servers and their own subscription services.

I'm wondering if I can transfer my second online character to PC so I don't have to start from scratch, I already transferred it from PS3 to PS4 so I think you can't move it again.

ShambleS1980

Softmodder/Tsoper/Repairer of old xboxes.
AmiBayer
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
you just need 1 rockstart account.
you had to make one for a number of games. GTA 4 for instance, or LA noir, or pretty much any rockstar game from about that time and after.
so if you already have one use that.
its like games for windows or blizzard account and so on its just one account for all games.
Still think its stupid that GTA 4 Needed me to be logged in to steam. windows live, AND rockstar social club.

Last edited:
Top Bottom