Guide request thread

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
In light of the popularity of the Guides our faithful Amibay members have been putting out, I think its time for the community to give requests to the ones who have more experience. I for one, need a comprehensive guide to get me thinking correctly on the whole structure of AmigaOS (linux and mac user here) the must have programs and utilities, how to install the various packages on Aminet etc. Basicallly a n00bs guide to using AmigaOS. i encourage others to request other guides from experienced users to help minimize redundant questions. :)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
dreamy,
love the idea, but what you are asking would take years to compile, could you perhaps ask for a guide to specific programs? have you seen or read any of the workbench books?
Amiga OS inside and out is a good one, so is the Amiga OS beginners guide.

I'm sure we can all help with different aspects, but ALL amiga software and apps is a bit of a big ask m8y

cheers, JuvUK

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
There's some very, very, very good stuff already out there which gives a great rundown on how AmigaOS (2.x, 3.x) works, from the various system directories to datatypes, etc.

Perhaps we should compile a list instead of reinventing the wheel?

As for must-haves, my starting point would be what's included in the various prepackaged AmigaOS distros such as ClassicWB, etc...

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
dreamy,
love the idea, but what you are asking would take years to compile, could you perhaps ask for a guide to specific programs? have you seen or read any of the workbench books?
Amiga OS inside and out is a good one, so is the Amiga OS beginners guide.

I'm sure we can all help with different aspects, but ALL amiga software and apps is a bit of a big ask m8y

cheers, JuvUK

Not all of them, just a beginners guide as you said. I'll check out that book Juzzer. :)

Top Bottom