United Kingdom
Region
UK

MartinW

Country
UK
Region
West Somerset
I can recommend the Thrustmaster: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaste...1421324415&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster+hotas

I use one for Elite Dangerous. Are we allowed to talk about prices for non Amiga stuff? If not all I can say is that since ED came out prices have rocketed and they go up and down like a YoYo, but I paid a good bit less than what it's currently prices at.

I'm not sure I'd go for the first one you linked at as the two halves can't be separated but the second one looks interesting.

ShambleS1980

Softmodder/Tsoper/Repairer of old xboxes.
AmiBayer
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
i have the old MS sidewinder FFB joystick, and really like it to be honest. but some would rather have one with a proper throttle controll. (probably buy one seperate)

its a:
Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2

looked on feebay. and the buy it nows are a bit expensive, but i cant link to the bids

Last edited:

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
I use the Hori Flight Stick for my 360. It's very well built and I can certainly recommend it, but it's rather pricy - I just figured I'd throw it in there in case you stumble upon it cheap.

Last edited:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
thanks guys, i just want one for ED, so don't want to go overboard on a game that hasn't really impressed me yet :)

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Yeah it's a great controller, although it does have some design flaws which can be corrected. It uses normal potentiometers which can get very noisy. These can be replaced with HAL sensors and the gimbles have some play in them which can be replaced by upgrades or machined if you have access to a miller and lathe. I've not done the mods yet but might do if I get interested in flight sims again.

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Justin, does Saitek X-55 Rhino go over your budget? It's gotten good reviews and is regarded good value for money.

I also think you can still get Saitek X-52 too.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
they both look pretty funky, i like the look of the X52 but seems like a lot just to "see what it is like" :)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
If you don't want to spend much then get this:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/tflight-hotas-x

Otherwise I highly recommend the Saitek X52 Pro (don't get the non pro as different model).

Everywhere is sold out, however I managed to get one from Curry's.

The newer Saitek X55 is nice, although it has a lot of issues involving warranty returns due to breaking buttons, switches etc on some batches.. it's also out of stock world wide.

And if you want the best then the Thrustmaster Warthog is the one to go for, but it is expensive. If does however work perfectly and is made to last forever.

Personally for Elite the X52 Pro is the best designed and is really nice to use. It's also compatible with the re-released X-Wing and Tie-Fighter games, whereas the X55 isn't due to separate USB controllers for the throttle and joystick, and many games not supporting multiple controllers.

Top Bottom