Handheld Console?

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
It seem going Crazy with Handheld of this year.

Aokzoe A1 Pro( Seem like Monster Handheld with either 16 or 32GB Ram!)
Ayn Odin 2
ANBERNIC RG405V
Retroid Pocket 2S
Retroid Pocket 2 Plus Retro Handheld
Anbernic RG353PS
GPD WIN 4 2023
Kiddypow Handheld
Steam Deck
Ally Rog (it does seem to have Issue with SD CARD fried due heat next cpu or SD Card doesnt seem work properly and I dont know if is been sorted out!)

There is lists of Handheld console on https://droix.co.uk/product-category/handhelds/handheld-game-consoles/

I am sure there is more handheld out there that I dont know about and there will even more new Handheld coming out next year too!

Last edited:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I really like my Steamdeck, I have the default SteamOS but I do use the desktop mode as well, I've got the 512gb version with a 512gb micro SD. It's actually very capable, I'm playing Starfield on it whilst travelling (on steam) and Fifa 22 (23 not supported) via EA app. Forza Horizon 5 runs well too.

I've also got retrodeck setup with my favourite games over the various consoles plus it will run a bunch of stuff natively via Proton such as classic games like Outrun Coast 2 Coast and WinUAE (I've got my A4k HDF running)

A very versatile bit of kit.

Timtheloon

retrofanatics.co.uk
Staff member
Staff Moderator
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Hampshire
I got my ps vita, a newish old school portable

Amazing machine that Sony self terminated sadly

YouKnowWho

Country
Canada
Region
Ontario
All nice. I always liked the Sony portable design. My switch is getting a workout thanks to the new Mario Wonder.

But...we all know what MISTer FPGA portable means. Portable Amiga. Portable Arcades. Portable everything pre-1995!

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I have bought Logetich G Cloud and let you know if any good!

Sony have Release new Playstation Portal handheld but you have connected to WI FI as such shame that you cant go anywhere to played it like PSP and PS Vita Console :)

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire

@Amiga Forever, it's a shame the Playstation Portal is not standalone and you have to stream games :-(

I guess someone will hacked it because it is Android console to make like PS VITA 2 lol

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I have try putting Launchbox or RetroArch in Handheld console(Logitech G Cloud) as it been real pain!

IF You have google account, go to google play and download Daijisho and bob your uncles lol

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Rog Ally have updated firmware but have they fixed SD Card issue thought?

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Ayn Odin 2 seem be king of handheld for some reason. There another new handheld out coming soon called MSI intel which look same as Ally Rog as just hope doesnt have SD Card issue like Ally Rog

cloverskull

Country
USA
Region
Silicon Valley
I've also noticed the crazy uptick in handhelds. I'm interested in the Steam Deck but not sure how much I'd actually use it. I have a real soft spot for vintage handhelds, as I'm sure you can imagine (since I'm here on AmiBay after all). My collection at present includes a GBA, Game Gear, PS Vita, Nintendo New 3DS XL, Neo Geo Pocket Color, WonderSwan Color...and each of these has been modded of course :p

I think the Nintendo 3DS is criminally underrated. It has me wanting more modern Nintendo handheld hardware.

Bladejack

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Ireland
Region
Donegal
Just picked up an Evervade exp limited black edition and have to say I do like it, also play my OLED Switch a fair bit

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Rog Ally 2 Handheld is coming out in this June and let hope they can fixed the sd card issue that problem with Rog ally 1 handheld!

miggymad

Retired
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Central
Modern day handheld's don't do anything for me. Sony PSP all the way! :D

Always got it sat in the car's glovebox ready and waiting for a quick game.

Last edited:

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I have psp and Psp Vita as both was ahead of time :)

Let hope Sony Make PSP VITA 2 with backward compatable and it will sell Hot cake !

Watson

Forth Year Navvie
Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Nottingham
Handhelds are nice, but, am not sure if I will bother with anymore. I have had 2 Sony PSP's in the past and both spent most of their time in the boxes. My wifey had the Nintendo Switch and I think I played on it a few times.

YouKnowWho

Country
Canada
Region
Ontario
I just came back to my Nintendo DS. I've been discovering how capable this little gem is but I enjoyed it mostly for the New Super Mario Bros. replay and Tetris.

cloverskull

Country
USA
Region
Silicon Valley
New Super Mario Bros is an excellent game, I'm currently playing through it (again) on my 3DS

Top Bottom