hard disk problem

Commodoriano

Country
Spain
i have a A4000T with GVP 060 card. i was installing diropus when the machine hang up with a guru meditation. When i boot , requester tell me that the work partition has a checksum error on disk block 1025010.

some solution? the hard disk is damage?

thanks

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
i have a A4000T with GVP 060 card. i was installing diropus when the machine hang up with a guru meditation. When i boot , requester tell me that the work partition has a checksum error on disk block 1025010.

some solution? the hard disk is damage?

thanks

unlikely but have you checked your PSU?

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
how much space did you have on the work partition?

i have had 3 amigas now where what seemed to be hard drive errors were actually caused by dying PSU's

have you installed this version of diropus before?

Commodoriano

Country
Spain
the work partition have 940mb space and the workbench tell me the partition is full. Appears a requester with message work partition has a checksum error on disk block 1025010.

if i format the disk ?

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
the work partition have 940mb space and the workbench tell me the partition is full. Appears a requester with message work partition has a checksum error on disk block 1025010.

if i format the disk ?

if you format the disk i would still be worried about your PSU until you get it checked

Commodoriano

Country
Spain
there are some options for format:

- put traschan
- Fast file system
- international mode
- directory cache.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
This is confusing.

That can be the problem with international boards :oops:

I think Juvvie's doing extremely well (y)

And as for the English language there's nothing more confusing with its there, their, where, we're etc.

Dave G :cool:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
it is confusing but patience is the key here, it's just a little language barrier.

@landoq, can you test your PSU? if it's ok then we can try something else, but if the PSU is faultly formatting your drive will not fix the problem

puede probar la fuente de alimentación? si está bien, entonces podemos intentar otra cosa, pero si la fuente de alimentación es faultly formatear el disco no se solucionará el problema

i hope google translate isn't telling him to do something rude

amigaman2000

Amiga Forever
AmiBayer
Country
Spain
Region
Pontevedra
Hi landoq

Perhaps you have a problem with the hard disk, is a new one or is some years old? You can format it again and copy some files to and from hard disk if tha hard disk fail again it's probably because a faulty hard disk, try another one and test it.

And if a friend can test the power supply will be great.

Regards

Si necesitas explicaciones en español mándane un privado para no "ensuciar" el foro.

Top Bottom